Testing Embedded Interface

We were looking to begin studying this function. As you may know you can use a text editor such as brackets or notepad ++ to create a html page and then view the results in a browser. Can you embed the appian script in this and view in the browser? If not then I would suspect that I could host a webpage on an internal server and then test the appian interface that way.

OriginalPostID-263396

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to komalc3

Hi Komal,

What is the value that you have given in the Appian CORS is it ip address or the localhost? Did you test it the same in all browsers? and please let me know what you see in each browser so that we can corner the issue sometimes it may be problem with browser as well

Thanks

A Score Level 1
    in reply to Shanmukha

Hi

In Appian CORS I have given the IP address.

Below are the issues observed in all the browsers:

1. IE Issue -

SCRIPT1028: Expected identifier, string or number

File: embeddedBootstrap.nocache.js, Line: 1, Column: 6595

2. Chrome Issue

embeddedAuthUtility-0d63ded74113090d0384.cache.js:55 GET exampledev.appiancloud.com/.../ping 401 ()
    performInitialAuth @ embeddedAuthUtility-0d63ded74113090d0384.cache.js:55
    authListener @ embeddedBootstrap.nocache.js:1
    load (async)
    registerComponents @ embeddedBootstrap.nocache.js:1
    Test%20HTML.html:1 Failed to load exampledev.appiancloud.com/.../ping No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'null' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 401.
    embeddedAuthUtility-0d63ded74113090d0384.cache.js:55 Failed to query server. Status Code: 0

3. Firefox issue

The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the page must be declared in the document or in the transfer protocol.
    Test%20HTML.html
    Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at exampledev.appiancloud.com/.../ping. (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing).
    Failed to query server. Status Code: 0

Any suggestions...

Thanx in advance!!