Changing the default colour of Primary/Secondary/Related Action Buttons

Certified Lead Developer
Hi All,

Is there any way we can customise the colour of the buttons/links in interfaces or dashboards? It should

Thanks.
Hitesh

OriginalPostID-266217

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer
    It should not be a system level change but for specific screens
  • AFAIK the color of links/buttons from OOTB Appian functionality cannot be customized. A possible workaround is to use combinations of imageField that uses document/webImage for the image parameter that also makes use of a link function for the link parameter depending on the image's purpose.

Keep in mind if this is a plausible approach, then you will have to do trial-and-error with the image size as well as image placement on your UI.

Simple example below:
    a!imageField(
    label:"Some Label",
    document:12345, /*Upload doc and reference docId here*/
    altText:"docImage",
    link:a!dynamicLink(
    label:"some label",
    value:{}
    )
    ),
    size:"ICON"
    )
  • reginaldm377 interesting approach, but i haven't understand how you can change the button color once you have created this rule, can you explain better?

It is so difficult for Appian engineer to make colour of button, text and so customizable? this is a big step back compared to Portal Form and it is very difficult to explain to users that with the new sail functionality the will loose all this simply customization

Thanks
  • @marco918 If you upload a document with the image, color, and size of your liking, you can reference the document ID where you see the document parameter.
  • @reginaldm377 can you please let me know if you have tried for related action button color change.AFAIK it is not possible, but for primary and secondary buttons I think yes we can do it with the code which is given.

@marcoc918, Basically you are not calling a button component here rather you are calling a document where you document is an image of button with the desired color, and also if you are planning to submit the screen on click of the button you can use a!submitLink also .
  • @harshav I don't believe this same method would work for a related action since the buttons you see for related actions are configured in a recordType which does not provide any customizations for how the buttons are displayed.

A possible workaround is similar to what I've already suggested but instead you would place the document Image (that is configured to trigger on click) at the top of your form for any of your record views.