Appian Applied Development
Go hands-on with an Appian project simulation
There’s no better way to reinforce app-building concepts than by building an app. Applied Development is a 5 day, instructor-led course delivered in-person or remotely. This course simulates real-world project development and delivery using knowledge and skills learned during the initial Appian Developer curriculum.
In just 5 days, you’ll use real-world requirements to build a robust and functional application. You’ll reinforce basic skills and learn more advanced platform capabilities through guided practice and challenge activities. Class will be structured in such a way to re-create real world development, so in addition to building a realistic app, you’ll see Appian’s delivery methodology at work.
Applied courses emphasize hands-on learning through doing rather than lecture and demonstration. The instructor serves as a coach and mentor to each student while working through the project simulation user stories. This course assumes all students have a strong grasp of concepts taught in the Appian Developer curriculum.
After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Plan and Build a Realistic Application
- Translate Requirements into Objects
- Identify Patterns and Anti-Patterns
- Implement Quality Assurance
- Plan and execute simple application architecture patterns
- Explain commonly used Appian delivery methodology practices
- Translate requirements into application objects
- Identify common design patterns/anti-patterns
- Implement common quality assurance practices by testing the app features (using different business user personas)
How can you take this course?
You will spend 5 full days in a physical or virtual classroom with one of our instructors, as they direct your progress through the material.