KB-2278 Appian Support Plug-in Support Policy & FAQ

The purpose of this article is to provide answers to common questions regarding Appian Support's Plug-in Support policy.

Plug-ins that are made available through Appian’s AppMarket are custom extensions of the Appian platform that are developed, shared and supported by our Community members rather than through Appian’s software engineering organization. Private plugins can also be submitted for review through the AppMarket, and are subject to the same review and deployment policies as public AppMarket plugins.

Appian 24.1 enables self-service deployment of approved plug-ins in the Admin Console. Appian Support can assist with deploying custom plugins on 23.4 and earlier Appian Cloud environments. However, the wide array of custom plug-ins and their respective functionality are outside of Appian Support's purview.

What can I do if I have a question or issue regarding a plug-in's functionality?

There are a few options available:

• Contact the plug-in author by commenting on the plug-in page from the AppMarket or using the "Request Enhancement" or "Report Issue" buttons on the plug-in page.
  • Seek support through Community Plugin Discussions.
  • Modify the plug-in to address your issue or to support your use case. All plug-ins come with source code to allow for updates or further customization. Appian Architect Services and Appian Partners can also assist with plug-in development/enhancements to meet your requirements.

Why is Appian Support unable to investigate some plug-ins whose author is listed as "Appian?"

Some plug-ins are developed by individuals within Appian, but are not supported by Technical Support or the Product Team. Support level for plug-ins is outlined in the Support section of the plug-in.

What can Appian Support assist with when I have a plug-in issue?

Appian Support can re-deploy the plug-in, enable specified debug logging, and in some cases, make other site-level changes needed for debugging.

A plug-in stopped working after an Appian version upgrade. Is this expected?

Platform functionality that plug-ins rely upon are subject to change on any major version upgrade. Plug-in authors are responsible for ensuring that their plug-ins are kept up-to-date and are compatible with the latest Appian version.

If this occurs with an AppMarket plug-in and you are not on the latest plug-in version, you may consider updating to the latest plug-in version as a troubleshooting step.

As an Appian Cloud customer, I want to create or edit a plug-in. Can I ask Appian Support to deploy my plug-in for testing?

Once a new or edited plug-in has been developed and tested via a self-managed Appian installation, Appian Support can assist with deploying the plug-in (on Appian 23.4 or earlier). However, Appian Support cannot deploy iterations of plug-ins for testing purposes. If you are an Appian Cloud customer interested in a self-managed installation of Appian for plug-in development and testing, please reach out to your Account Executive.

Affected Versions

This article applies to all versions of Appian.

Last Reviewed: March 2024

Related
Recommended