Apryse WebViewer - View, Annotate and Edit PDF, DOCX, Image

Overview

Apryse WebViewer for Appian is renowned document technology that powers mission-critical applications for private companies, large enterprises, and governments alike.

• Improved Document Processing Tools
    • Bring a fully customizable suite of the highest quality document tools to your Appian instance and easily integrate any common and uncommon document capabilities to work on PDF, MS Office, Images, HTML, CAD, BIM, DICOM, and many more.
  • Out-of-the-box or Fully Customizable User Interface
    • Adjust the user experience to align with your Appian requirements and configure styling and available functionalities comfortably in Appian Designer - or take full control of the user experience and customize details by directly changing the UI’s source code.
  • Secure Client-Side Processing
    • Eliminate security loopholes: Not only can your users complete document tasks within Appian, with client-side processing the data also never leaves the Appian instance.
  • Conveniently Open & Save Documents from and to Appian
    • Get WebViewer Connected System to open documents from Appian: https://community.appian.com/b/appmarket/posts/pdftron-web-viewer-connected-system.
  • Pricing
    • The Plug-in offers unlimited WebViewer features for free in demo mode, limited only by watermarking processed documents until a license is obtained

• Apryse's licensing model scales appropriately with the depth of licensed functionality and your anticipated scope of distribution.

• Before deploying to production, please contact us to obtain a license: https://www.pdftron.com/form/contact-sales/?utm_medium=partner&utm_source=appian

• Support

Key Features & Functionality

• View & Search on PDF, DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, Images, and more
    • Multiple viewing options, reflow mode, and unlimited zoom allow you to view even the most complex or large documents with high-speed and reliability.
  • Annotate, comment, review & approvals
    • Collaborate on PDF, MS Office, and other formats using any of 35+ different annotation tools, such as highlights, stamps and notes. Export annotations via XFDF, and all PDF annotation types.
  • PDF In-line Text Editing
    • Edit & reflow PDF text and images, resize or change the position of text and images. Apply different styles like bolding, italicizing or underlining.
  • PDF Page Manipulation & Document Assembly
    • Insert pages and content, append, split, remove, crop, reorder, rotate, export, edit, and more – manually or programmatically.
  • Redaction
    • Safely and permanently remove sensitive content from PDFs. Redact regions and text manually in the Viewer - or programmatically via search & redact, including RegEx search to detect and remove personally identifiable information (PII).
  • Digital Signatures
    • Sign PDFs using standard (and custom) Digital Signatures. Extract information for validation. Support multiple signatures and XFDF.
  • PDF Form Filling & Extraction
    • Support interactive form filling, FDF, and embedded JavaScript - or programmatically create, pre-fill, sign, extract, and flatten PDF forms.
  • Document Comparison
    • Compare two documents side by side and highlight differences. Compare changes in semantic categories, such as headers, paragraphs, numbers, and generate a differences summary document for easy review.
  • Learn more about WebViewer:
Anonymous
Parents
  • Hello, I just wanted to ask a quick question.  I am currently trying to implement this web viewer into an Appian training project on which I am currently engaged.  I have managed to implement PDF editing, however my issue is that if the viewer is seeded with a docx document, the original document contents can't be edited by Apryse.  The only things that can be edited are subsequent annotations.  Looking at the demo video, it does appear I should be able to edit original text.  I have even tried to enable the "convert to PDF on load" setting, thinking that perhaps only PDFs can be edited.  Still this doesn't help.  Any advice?

• Hi Benjamin, thanks for your comment.

You are correct that only PDF files can be used for the Content Editing feature. My suggestion would have been to loadAsPdf like you mentioned which should enable all PDF features for office documents - what happens on your end when you attempt this?

Feel free to reach out via email at twinter@apryse.com if you prefer to set up a quick call.

• Thanks Thomas, the file loads fine but any initial text that came as part of the original .docx is not editable.  
    I have emailed you about this and a separate issue.
    I hope to hear back.
    Kind regards,

Benjamin

Comment Children
No Data