AQuAMan

Overview

As a Peer Reviewer I want to have a fast and predictable method of checking the quality of application patches so that I do not have to exert a lot of time and energy manually checking these against the application standards.

As a Lead Developer I want to define and manage the quality standards that comprise the 'Definition of Good' for my application so that they can be applied and reported on in a peer review against an application patch.

Key Features & Functionality

• Automate 80% of the Peer Review checklist items
  • Register Appian applications and define common standards across that application
  • Run a suite of tests across an application patch
  • Report on failed tests
  • Copy tests between applications
  • Define new object/attribute tests (including database table and view objects) and apply within an application
  • Set the reported significance for a failed test (Fail/Warning/Information)
  • Report on unused variables in Expression Rules and Interfaces
  • Report on the complexity score for Expression Rules and Interfaces
  • Report on missing labels/accessibility text for Interface Object components

Anonymous
Parents
  • Hi author,

I am trying to import this application, two components are failing while import with the following message:

Problems (1):
    processModel 0002e4db-81cc-8000-bee7-044d98044d98 "{en_US=AQA Add Default Tests}": An error occurred while creating processModel [uuid=0002e4db-81cc-8000-bee7-044d98044d98]: com.appiancorp.process.validation.ValidationException: Process Model is not valid. (APNX-1-4071-007)

Cascading Problems (1):
    content _a-0000e49d-c146-8000-be4f-04ef9004ef90_19600 "AQA_PROCESS_ADDDEFAULTTESTS": The content [id= uuid=_a-0000e49d-c146-8000-be4f-04ef9004ef90_19600] was not imported because a required precedent is missing: processModel [uuid=0002e4db-81cc-8000-bee7-044d98044d98 location=Constant Value] cannot be found. (APNX-1-4070-001) (APNX-1-4071-006)

I am not sure, if the application has some issues.

Could you please help me with this.

Help is appreciated.

Regards

Anusha Jain

• Hi Anusha

Apologies for not responding earlier, it seems I don't get automatic  notifications when comments are added here. I only saw this because I have just release a new version of AQuAMan and came to see it was published correctly here.,

The process model you're having issues with was indeed invalid (it wasn't being used anyway and I have now removed it from the application).

Please try again with the new version.

regards

Stewart

• Hi Anusha

I've added a few more quality tests for the Appian objects, and I have expanded the insights into the quality of the SAIL code (Expression Rules/Interface Rules) - now you can see the size of the SAIL code (Lines of Code count) and the Code/Comments ratio as well as the Cyclomatic Complexity which should help you pinpoint which objects need the most attention. If you download the latest zip file you can see the full scope of what's included in the User Guide.

• Hi Stewart,

Could you please mention what are the updates in the new version? Is it just removal of invalid process model or there are more features added?

Regards

Anusha Jain

Comment Children
  • Hi Anusha

I've added a few more quality tests for the Appian objects, and I have expanded the insights into the quality of the SAIL code (Expression Rules/Interface Rules) - now you can see the size of the SAIL code (Lines of Code count) and the Code/Comments ratio as well as the Cyclomatic Complexity which should help you pinpoint which objects need the most attention. If you download the latest zip file you can see the full scope of what's included in the User Guide.