Calendar Display Component

Overview

The Groundswell Calendar Display, powered by ToastUI, gives designers the ability to quickly have a modern calendar display in their sites and dashboards with the simplicity of a single component. The dense, versatile display supports different calendar views with styling matching your site’s accent color. Example interfaces and utility rules are attached, which demonstrate usage and features of the component.

Key Features & Functionality

• Display an array of events in Daily, Weekly, or Monthly format. Toggle days and weeks using an input parameter.
  • Automatic timezone shifting. By default, all provided events display in the timezone of your browser, but this can be overridden by providing TZ names ("America/Los_Angeles") OR a timezone code (EDT,CST,etc).
  • Multiple language support. Currently supports US English (en-US), UK English (en-GB), Spanish (es), Italian (it), Polish (pl), and Portuguese (pt).
  • Supports different date formats via a parameter.
  • Supports a detailed event pop-up of time, title, attendees, location, and event description.
  • Supports custom colors, font sizes, borders, and other attributes via applying custom themes.
  • Support for visible weeks, weekend display, and start of week for specific locale needs.
  • Allows event selection, should you want to edit an event or display details in addition to, or in lieu of, the detailed pop-up view.
  • Allows events to be "rescheduled" via drag and drop or through a modal
  • Allows events to be created and deleted directly from the calendar
  • Supports multiple calendars
  • More details and examples available in attached resources and sample application.
Anonymous
Parents
  • Hi,

Is there a possibility for displaying all events of the same day in the monthly calendar?

When there are more than 2 events, it does not show all of them:

Thanks in advance

• I've seen that the component itself has an option to choose how many events you want to display: visibleEventCount

Is it possible to add this option to the plugin?

https://github.com/nhn/tui.calendar/blob/main/docs/en/apis/options.md

Thanks

• To clarify, compatible version is meant to be the minimum Appian version that is compatible, not the only version that is compatible. This is what the component submission process looks like in the back-end for this field (a single selected version):

So, in my opinion, there is a disconnect between this policy and what the Community metadata actually means.

That said, I can see how this isn't obvious. The best I can offer is to ask Appian if they will revert the change they just made, and then ask them to make a custom update, and set the version to 22.3+, to explicitly indicate 22.3 and up are compatible.

• Hi,

Thank you very much for your effort. However, due to company policy, I can't install a plugin that doesn't display the version we currently have in our environment in the compatible versions section. Our current version in the on-premise environment is 23.2, but we will soon be upgrading to 23.3. Therefore, could you please include all compatible versions in that section (23.4 and lower or 23.2, 23.3, and 23.4)?

Thank you very much, and I apologize for any inconvenience.

•   Appian was able to update the Compatible version to 23.4, hopefully that unblocks you for now.

• The new version is currently in testing, and I'm hoping to have it available here by early February. In the meantime, I'll ask Appian if they will update the version number as that is simply metadata

• Hi,

Do you know when the new release will be available, which includes the modification of the compatible versions?

Due to security concerns, I am unable to install the plugin in an on-premise environment for this reason. It would only be necessary to modify the following part to indicate that the compatible versions are 22.3 and higher (currently, I have it in a cloud environment in version 23.3, and it works without any problems):

Thank you in advance.

• That would be very interesting. Thank you very much for the help!

• Yes that can be done with the next release.

As a preview for that, we are looking into revamping the configuration to support *any* option that is documented by Toast rather than many individual inputs. This would look similar to how themes work now. Some of those configurations may not play nicely with Appian but I think in general it'll give you and others on here the more granular control you are looking for

• Thank you very much for the response.

I also take this opportunity to mention something else. Could the part about compatible versions of the plugin be updated? Currently, it only states that this plugin is compatible with version 22.3, but we are using it in version 23.2, and it works without any issues.

Thank you for the assistance.

• This option is only supported fully in a newer version of the underlying JS library. Upgrading to that version is a substantial effort. This is something we can put on our internal backlog but it is unlikely to occur soon.

Comment Children