Database Load Generation

Overview

This tool can be used to quickly generate multiple rows for each of the application transactional tables to easily support database load testing.

Key Features & Functionality

• Reads database metadata to automatically pull tables and columns
  • Provides multiple generators for generating data of different types (users, groups, folders, documents, location data, health data, personal data, etc..)
  • Connects to Appian database to generate and populate data in one step
  • Support the addition of new generators

If you have ideas for more generators, please leave a comment!

Anonymous
Parents
  • Good afternoon! 

I have the following data structure, and I am currently having issues getting the data generator to work as I intended..

CREATE TABLE dbo.Entity
    (pk_EntityId INT PRIMARY KEY IDENTITY(1,1)
    , EntityTypeId INT --1 Store, 2 Product
    )
    CREATE TABLE dbo.Store
    (pk_StoreId INT PRIMARY KEY IDENTITY(1,1) 
    , fk_EntityId INT
    , StoreName NVARCHAR(50)
    )
    CREATE TABLE dbo.Product
    (pk_ProductId INT PRIMARY KEY IDENTITY(1,1) 
    , fk_EntityId INT
    , fk_StoreId INT
    , ProductName NVARCHAR(50)
    )

What I need to do is create random number of stores, which also have random number of products. The thing is, we have an Entity table that we must first create an entity for each store/product, before we can actually create the store/product. I can I make the data generator work so that it can use current identity +n whenever it is creating a new Entity for Store/Product?

Comment
  • Good afternoon! 

I have the following data structure, and I am currently having issues getting the data generator to work as I intended..

CREATE TABLE dbo.Entity
    (pk_EntityId INT PRIMARY KEY IDENTITY(1,1)
    , EntityTypeId INT --1 Store, 2 Product
    )
    CREATE TABLE dbo.Store
    (pk_StoreId INT PRIMARY KEY IDENTITY(1,1) 
    , fk_EntityId INT
    , StoreName NVARCHAR(50)
    )
    CREATE TABLE dbo.Product
    (pk_ProductId INT PRIMARY KEY IDENTITY(1,1) 
    , fk_EntityId INT
    , fk_StoreId INT
    , ProductName NVARCHAR(50)
    )

What I need to do is create random number of stores, which also have random number of products. The thing is, we have an Entity table that we must first create an entity for each store/product, before we can actually create the store/product. I can I make the data generator work so that it can use current identity +n whenever it is creating a new Entity for Store/Product?

Children