The Deployment Automation Manager consists of two tools used for:
Although the tools are best used in conjunction, they can be used independently as well.
The Automated Versioning Manager is a tool that helps managing Appian applications and database DDL files in a version control system. Given an Appian application ZIP file, the Automated Versioning Manager performs the following actions:
The goal of this tool is to facilitate the adoption and usage of a version control system to perform configuration management of the Appian applications and database DDL files.
With the Automated Import Manager, users can automatically deploy applications and patch contents (either applications from Appian OR packages generated from the Automated Versioning Manager) to any environment. Users will have three options for deployment: the tool can either deploy from the tool’s user interface in one click, trigger the deployment from an external CI tool or deploy from the command line.
The Automated Import Manager automates the process of inspecting the application, executing DDL scripts, updating CDTs, republishing the appropriate datastores, and importing the application.
For more information, please see visit: https://community.appian.com/w/the-appian-playbook/198/deployment-automation
When is this going to support application customization files? Without this support, we are unable to implement a truly automated deployment solution for Appian applications.
seanb356 the solution already supports such files through the -ac_customization_path. The option is not named correctly and we will make the update but you can use that in your implementation.
Any news on Automated Export Manager ? AFAIK we do not have a CLI/API for Exporting Application/Patch.
If this is added, it will complete the whole deployment process.
* Added buildSingleApp action to extract one app from multi app repo
* Renamed buildPackage to buildAllApps to better clarify the functionality
* Bug Fixes
* Fixed miscellaneous issues with parsing SQL in DDL file
* Mark/reset issue with large customization files
* Added Flyway DB version control tool to command line and AIM GUI
* Allow import of DDL scripts or Flyway scripts without an application zip or patch zip
* Added Folder Listener script that will run addContents automatically when a file is dropped into a folder
* Added buildAllApps to list of approved actions
* Set inspect_only properly in AIM
* Fixed bug where repo would be cloned into a folder with an incorrect name
* Passed in correct authentication token for buildAllApps and buildSingleApp
v2.5.1 (Update on 17 Sep 2018)
* New BuildMultipleApps action
* Check version of tools with -v or -version flags
* Fixed ADM SQL errors with non-null statements and forward slash as delimiters
v2.5.2 (Update on 16 Oct 2018)
* Folder listener to auto trigger “Add Contents” action
* Field validation for import and versioning manager properties files
* Usage metrics collection to better understand tool use
* Updated error log messages
* ADM UI: Handle apostrophes in app name
* ZIP type validation for Automated Import Manager
v2.5.3 (Update on 09 Nov 18)
* Created a reset command for Remote Automated Deployment Manager
* Version and Import Metrics Logger Initialized correctly to fix null pointer exception
Can anyone give the demo ? As it is not working as expected .
nidhia - I suggest posting in community.appian.com/.../ as you'll get more visibility there.
While trying the buildSingleApp action does it consider packaging the DDL file in the package?
I am unable to deploy the application using the deployment Automation web UI, as the package generated by AVM is not containing the ddl files to execute, but the metadata property file refers to ddl file and the deployment fails because of the same.
© 2019 Appian. All rights reserved.