Dynamic Document Generator

Overview

This version is for Appian 23.2 and above. Cloud customers on a lower version of Appian that want to install this plugin should open a support case. Self-managed customers can find the latest jar for Appian 23.1 and lower version in the folder pre-23.2

Convert, merge and generate DOCX, PDF and XML files automatically in an Appian process

Key Features & Functionality

• PDF from single DOCX with Fonts
    • Convert multiple DOCX files into a single PDF. Please note that the translation from DOCX to PDF is not always 1:1. The template may need to be tweaked or simplified to achieve the desired results.
  • PDF from DOCX without Fonts
    • Convert multiple DOCX files into a single PDF. Please note that the translation from DOCX to PDF is not always 1:1. The template may need to be tweaked or simplified to achieve the desired results. This will not support fonts.
  • PDF from XSL-FO Transformation
    • Uses XSLT to convert an XML to XSL-FO which is then converted to PDF
  • PDF from HTML
    • Converts an HTML document into a single page PDF.
  • PDF from HTML Transformation
    • Uses XSLT to convert an XML to HTML which is then converted to PDF
  • Text Doc from XSLT
    • Uses XSLT to convert an XML to a plain text document (such as HTML, another XML doc, etc).
  • DOCX from XHTML With Styling
    • Converts a valid XHTML file into a DOCX, allowing you to provide your own template file for style reference. Useful for creating dynamic documents that are editable
  • DOCX Merge
    • Merges one or more DOCX files together. If a header or footer exists in any document, they will be removed during the merge process.
    • A configurable separator can be specified: none, line break or page break

Function: xsltransform - Transform source XML using XSL Transform

Anonymous
Parents
  • I am using "PDF from XSL FO Transformation" smart service to generate a PDF doc. The workflow is not working as per the requirement when the total characters of the XML Document exceeds approximately 27,000 characters.

However, in our application, we may have more than 60,000+ characters.

Any suggestions?

Comment
  • I am using "PDF from XSL FO Transformation" smart service to generate a PDF doc. The workflow is not working as per the requirement when the total characters of the XML Document exceeds approximately 27,000 characters.

However, in our application, we may have more than 60,000+ characters.

Any suggestions?

Children
  • Hello Anushrid, 

are you storing the xml in a variable? if that is the case would you be able to pass the xml directly to the node and don't store it into a variable or at least put it as hidden? (i would prefer not to have the variable)

I would recommend as well to create the xml using a nested CDT Structure and then use the toxml function directly in the node. 

hope this helps

Jose 

• This comment was deleted.