End-User Reporting

Overview

Allows end users of the platform to construct their own grids, charts, and dashboards.

Key Features & Functionality

• Quick setup of data catalog based on existing record types
  • Front end construction of the follow types: grid, pie charts, bar charts, column chart, line chart, KPI, and more!
  • Front end configuration of dashboards to combine multiple charts into a single page with page filters
  • Dashboards and reports can be individually shared with Users and Groups
  • End user documentation

Note: Appian provides self-service analytics capabilities where end users can explore enterprise data and build their own custom reports. Before downloading this utility, refer to Appian Documentation to see if you can use the available self-service analytics capabilities.

Anonymous
Parents
  • While updating from 2.8.0 to 3.0.0 found below issues with documentation and scripts

• MariaDB upgrade Script [line 80 in the 2.8.0 to 3.0.0.sql]:
      ALTER TABLE `eurtagging` ADD CONSTRAINT `eurtagging_tag` FOREIGN KEY (`tagId`) REFERENCES `eurtag`(`tagId`) ON DELETE CASCADE ACTION ON UPDATE CASCADE;
      [Action is not needed in the script]

• Application Properties file (2.8.0 to 3.0.0.properties):

Properties file missing entry for newly created environment constants SHRD_APPIAN_API_KEY & SHRD_USE_CACHE

• Thanks for the feedback, I will make these updates.

Comment Children
  • Thats correct. Wanted to explore that option. As part of this first I updated the constant with my application name.
    Then updated my records by linking Application via Application dropdown value.

After this went ahead and created a new report and observed that report entry created in table was missing application field value.

Let me know if this is not the right sequence of steps.

• I can fix that issue, but the normal usage of application specific dashboards should use a wrapper of the EUR_Home rule as mentioned in "How to Configure Application Specific Dashboards" article in the documentation.  This will handle the persistence of the application in the reports and dashboards.

• Thanks.
    Also tried to Configure Application Specific Dashboards, But having issue with this.

Able to save the records with Application. But when I tried to create the new report application value is not persisted in the database table (eurreport). After further debugging realized that logic in the interface EUR_ReportBuilder & EUR_ReportBuilderSetup should be updated to save the selected application value in the respective rule input.
    pv!report.application