Environment Cleanup App

Overview

Appian administrators can configure this application to systematically delete unneeded versions of Appian objects to free up memory in the environment on an ongoing basis.

Key Features & Functionality

This application provides a way to manage your Appian object cleanup strategy via a front end tool. These settings can be customized per Appian application to give developers complete control of what is deleted.

The following objects can be managed:

• Expression Rules
  • SAIL Interfaces
  • Constants
  • Decision Objects
  • Process Models
  • Process Instances
  • Documents
  • Database Data
Anonymous
Parents
  • Hi Shawn,

First of all, I would like to appreciate for this application. Which is very useful.

I imported this application in my environment and triggered the process. Everything is working as expected, except for Constants and Rules.

I am unable to delete the versions of Constants and Rules. Is there any issue with the smart service or am I missing something,

Thanks in Advance.

•   Great to hear you are liking the app! In regards to the Constant and rule cleanup, have you identified a Parent Rule Folder ID as part of the setup? The Smart Service should recursively delete the versions of the objects under this folder based upon the Oldest Age of Object and Keep Versions of Objects parameters

Comment Children
  • Yes see if including an oldest age field will lead to different results. This is date where any version created after this will NOT be purged. So for example if you listed 7/1/2020, any object versions created in the month of July or after would not be deleted.

How are you identifying the ID of the folder you are include in the configuration?

• Yes, Shawn,
    I tried with Parent Folder Id (Root folder) but didn't work and I tried with Subfolder (Where constants stored) but no luck.
    Is the Oldest Age field mandatory (Since it is optional in Smart service)?, What should be the value to the Oldest Age field?

Thanks