Excel Tools

Overview

Provides the following custom smart services and functions for handling data in Excel.

Key Features & Functionality

Smart Services included are:

• Merge Excel Documents
  • Import CSV to Database
  • Import Excel to Database
  • Load CSV to Database
  • Convert HTML to CSV  
  • Convert Excel to CSV
  • Encrypt Excel with Password

Functions included are:

• Read Excel File Paged
  • Read Excel Cell by Name
  • Read Excel Cell by Number
  • Query Appian Logs
  • Export Datasubset to Base64
  • Validate Document Headers
Anonymous
Parents
  • Hi The following smart services have moved to the deprecated palette. It is recommended to use base product functionality where possible: Export CDT to Excel, Export SQL to Excel, Export SQL to FlatFile

• What base product functionality reproduces Export CDT to Excel?  With it, I was able to have a data set pre-loaded in a process variable and then transform certain columns as necessary for friendlier display - i.e. translating messy-looking dateTime columns into just a date in the customer's preferred date format, or taking bare usernames and translating those to their full name, etc... all while writing to a pre-formatted template with customized column widths and filtering applied to the column headers, as well as a cover sheet listing metrics like date generated and filters elected by the user.   Is there new base product functionality that reproduces this that we haven't been told about yet?

Comment
  • What base product functionality reproduces Export CDT to Excel?  With it, I was able to have a data set pre-loaded in a process variable and then transform certain columns as necessary for friendlier display - i.e. translating messy-looking dateTime columns into just a date in the customer's preferred date format, or taking bare usernames and translating those to their full name, etc... all while writing to a pre-formatted template with customized column widths and filtering applied to the column headers, as well as a cover sheet listing metrics like date generated and filters elected by the user.   Is there new base product functionality that reproduces this that we haven't been told about yet?

Children
No Data