Excel Tools

Overview

Provides the following custom smart services and functions for handling data in Excel.

Key Features & Functionality

Smart Services included are:

• Merge Excel Documents
  • Import CSV to Database
  • Import Excel to Database
  • Load CSV to Database
  • Convert HTML to CSV  
  • Convert Excel to CSV
  • Encrypt Excel with Password

Functions included are:

• Read Excel File Paged
  • Read Excel Cell by Name
  • Read Excel Cell by Number
  • Query Appian Logs
  • Export Datasubset to Base64
  • Validate Document Headers
Anonymous
Parents
  • When will you re-add the ability to take an arbitrary set of data, do appian-side processing/transformation to it, and write the result easily to an Excel file complete with word wrap enabled on the written cells?  The only previous way to do all of this was the Export CDT to excel, now removed, with no functional replacement at all.

I know I could create a scrap DB table with arbitrary text columns and write data to it, then invoke it with the SQL to excel smart service, but even this super cumbersome approach still doesn't (as far as I'm aware) contain the way to set / preserve word wrap on filled cells.

Comment
  • When will you re-add the ability to take an arbitrary set of data, do appian-side processing/transformation to it, and write the result easily to an Excel file complete with word wrap enabled on the written cells?  The only previous way to do all of this was the Export CDT to excel, now removed, with no functional replacement at all.

I know I could create a scrap DB table with arbitrary text columns and write data to it, then invoke it with the SQL to excel smart service, but even this super cumbersome approach still doesn't (as far as I'm aware) contain the way to set / preserve word wrap on filled cells.

Children
No Data