Excel Tools

Overview

Provides the following custom smart services and functions for handling data in Excel.

Key Features & Functionality

Smart Services included are:

• Merge Excel Documents
  • Import CSV to Database
  • Import Excel to Database
  • Load CSV to Database
  • Convert HTML to CSV  
  • Convert Excel to CSV
  • Encrypt Excel with Password

Functions included are:

• Read Excel File Paged
  • Read Excel Cell by Name
  • Read Excel Cell by Number
  • Query Appian Logs
  • Export Datasubset to Base64
  • Validate Document Headers
Anonymous
Parents
  • Goodmorning

using the function excelreadcellsbyname in file more than 500kb i get the error below:

ERROR com.appiancorp.ps.exceltools.util.ExcelHelperUtils - Zip bomb detected! The file would exceed the max. ratio of compressed file size to the size of the expanded data.

Please could you fix the plugin?

Thank You

Gianluca

Comment
  • Goodmorning

using the function excelreadcellsbyname in file more than 500kb i get the error below:

ERROR com.appiancorp.ps.exceltools.util.ExcelHelperUtils - Zip bomb detected! The file would exceed the max. ratio of compressed file size to the size of the expanded data.

Please could you fix the plugin?

Thank You

Gianluca

Children
  • Hello Mike,

Thank You for your answer. Ii know this error coming from POI but in the plug in version 2.2.11 i didn't get the Zip Bomb error.

The reason is in the setting for this variable that by default in the version 2.2.14 shoud be 0.01.

ZipSecureFile.setMinInflateRatio();

If possible could you set this variable to 0 or with the same value used in the version 2.2.11?.

• There is nothing to fix, it is working as expected. The error is coming from Apache POI. Please refer to their documentation for potential fixes to your excel file.

I would also suggest trying the readexcelsheetpaging function.