Excel Tools

Overview

Provides the following custom smart services and functions for handling data in Excel.

Key Features & Functionality

Smart Services included are:

• Merge Excel Documents
  • Import CSV to Database
  • Import Excel to Database
  • Load CSV to Database
  • Convert HTML to CSV  
  • Convert Excel to CSV
  • Encrypt Excel with Password

Functions included are:

• Read Excel File Paged
  • Read Excel Cell by Name
  • Read Excel Cell by Number
  • Query Appian Logs
  • Export Datasubset to Base64
  • Validate Document Headers
Anonymous
Parents
  • Hello,

I have an issue with exporting data to excel. I need to export links in the excel file. I am currently using the ExportableDataSubset CDT and defining the columns where I need the links with an Excel function hyperlink ( “=HYPERLINK(“LINK”;”NAME”)” ). The problem with this method is that Excel does not recognize automatically the function I’m giving, I need to click on the function for them to calculate and show the link. This is not practical at all when I have to export over 50 links…

I would like to use the smart service “Export SQL data to Excel” included in this plug-in to use an Excel template and so that it could recognize instantly the links. The problem is that I can’t delete the former version of the ExportableDataSubset CDT to install the plug-in (the application I’m working on already use this CDT and I can’t modify this part of the app). If I install the plug-in nonetheless, the smart service “Export SQL data to Excel“ is deprecated.

So how is it possible to use an Excel template without suppressing the “ExportableDataSubset” CDT ? Or do you know another way to export links in Excel?

Thank you in advance,

My best regards,

Comment
  • Hello,

I have an issue with exporting data to excel. I need to export links in the excel file. I am currently using the ExportableDataSubset CDT and defining the columns where I need the links with an Excel function hyperlink ( “=HYPERLINK(“LINK”;”NAME”)” ). The problem with this method is that Excel does not recognize automatically the function I’m giving, I need to click on the function for them to calculate and show the link. This is not practical at all when I have to export over 50 links…

I would like to use the smart service “Export SQL data to Excel” included in this plug-in to use an Excel template and so that it could recognize instantly the links. The problem is that I can’t delete the former version of the ExportableDataSubset CDT to install the plug-in (the application I’m working on already use this CDT and I can’t modify this part of the app). If I install the plug-in nonetheless, the smart service “Export SQL data to Excel“ is deprecated.

So how is it possible to use an Excel template without suppressing the “ExportableDataSubset” CDT ? Or do you know another way to export links in Excel?

Thank you in advance,

My best regards,

Children
No Data