Excel Tools

Overview

Provides the following custom smart services and functions for handling data in Excel.

Key Features & Functionality

Smart Services included are:

• Merge Excel Documents
  • Import CSV to Database
  • Import Excel to Database
  • Load CSV to Database
  • Convert HTML to CSV  
  • Convert Excel to CSV
  • Encrypt Excel with Password

Functions included are:

• Read Excel File Paged
  • Read Excel Cell by Name
  • Read Excel Cell by Number
  • Query Appian Logs
  • Export Datasubset to Base64
  • Validate Document Headers
Anonymous
  • Hi,

I am using "Export SQL to Excel" smart  service to export the data but getting the  error as " The following error was raised by the Export to Excel function: Row 0 has been flushed, cannot evaluate all cells".

I am getting this error when i tried to export more than 100 rows.Can you please check on this?

Thanks in advance!!

• We have index application where users will download the exceptions into excel and upload it back to appian.We are using "Parse Excel to CDT" plugin to read the excel content into CDT object. However "Parse Excel to CDT" plugin is failing when the excel file uploaded has empty rows at the end. We have upgraded the excel tools plugin to v1.9.11 as i can see from the release notes that the issue is fixed but still we are having the same issue. Can you  please help on this

10:30:31,227 INFO  [stdout] (Appian Work Item - 219162 - ProcessExec00 : UnattendedJavaActivityRequest) 2018-05-23 10:30:31,227 [Appian Work Item - 219162 - ProcessExec00 : UnattendedJavaActivityRequest] ERROR com.appiancorp.ps.exceltools.smartservice.ParseExcelFileToCDT -

10:30:31,228 INFO  [stdout] (Appian Work Item - 219162 - ProcessExec00 : UnattendedJavaActivityRequest) java.lang.NullPointerException

10:30:31,228 INFO  [stdout] (Appian Work Item - 219162 - ProcessExec00 : UnattendedJavaActivityRequest)        at com.appiancorp.ps.exceltools.smartservice.ParseExcelFileToCDT.run(ParseExcelFileToCDT.java:155)

• *Version 1.9.11 - 29May18

- Re-released as a fix was not transferred into the previous release

• and a new version of the plug-in was just released.  Please try downloading as it includes a fix that may help!

• I just downloaded the package to find instructions for Wrap_text in the readme file, but it doesn't seem to be mentioned at all - any help?

• Hi - this release note may help:

*Version 1.9.5 - 23Apr18

- Added wrap text functionality:  New input “wrap_text” provided for “CDT to Excel”- and “SQL to Excel”- Smart Service to define an array of field names to have the wrap text option enabled in the generated excel sheet.

• - I had seen that, but it doesn't seem to do much by way of explanation.  First I tried passing in some column names (since I want whole columns to retain wrap text functionality) and that did nothing.  Then I passed in individual cell names (even though it'll be a pain to come up with individual cell names for 150 rows spread across 4 columns, all needing word wrap functionality).  This also seems to have done nothing.  Any more specific hints?

• To clarify, the columns I was passing were defined like ={"D", "E", "F"}.  The field names I'm trying now are being passed like ={"D2", "E2", "F2"}.  The smart service is working as normal except nothing I've tried so far actually preserves the word wrap setting on the indicated field(s).

• Ok I figured it out - CDT field names, as opposed to cell names.  However, it seems like it might be good if it could just do columns or rows, too.  

Also, if you ever made a similar function that can preserve the "auto fit to row height" setting for cells post-generation, I'd be a fan ;-)