Excel Tools

Overview

Provides the following custom smart services and functions for handling data in Excel.

Key Features & Functionality

Smart Services included are:

• Merge Excel Documents
  • Import CSV to Database
  • Import Excel to Database
  • Load CSV to Database
  • Convert HTML to CSV  
  • Convert Excel to CSV
  • Encrypt Excel with Password

Functions included are:

• Read Excel File Paged
  • Read Excel Cell by Name
  • Read Excel Cell by Number
  • Query Appian Logs
  • Export Datasubset to Base64
  • Validate Document Headers
Anonymous
  • @Ben ,I am still facing issues in Export to SQL smart service while exporting the data in multiple sheets.

There are three tabs in my excel. Using three nodes to export each sheet data.in first node , the data is exported successfully and the generated document is passed as input to the second node to overwrite the data in sheet 2 and the output of second node is passed as input to 3rd node. The final document has data in third sheet whereas the data in sheet 1 and sheet 2 were lost.

Can you please advise on this?

Thanks in advance!

• *Version 2.0.0 - 31May18

- Thread-safe implementation of date, datetime and timestamps in the "Export SQL to flat files" and "Import CSV to Database" Smart Services

• Hi, I have used smart service Export CDT To Excel from the version 2.0.0. The smart service works well on one environment, but with the exact same implementation, it fails to work on other environment. Need expedite assistance as this is affecting a client deliverable.

• can anyone please share a guide or steps on how to use the Parse Excel to CDT smart service with an example? Have uploaded plugin in admin console. Want to use this smart service for a fileUpload function save into or expression rule to convert to CDT first. But not sure the syntax or name of smart service. Please advise

• *Version 2.0.2 13 Jun 18

-  bug fix addressing race condition that is present in the following functions & smart services: readCellsByName, readCellsByNumbers, readExcelSheet, Parse Excel File To CDT, Export Report Data To Excel

• All, I would suggest posting in Discussions community.appian.com/.../ if you have a question.  Your question will get the most visibility that way!  

It is also always a good idea to try downloading and using the latest version of the app as each release contains bug fixes, improvements, etc. (A new version was released today).

• Hi,

I am using this service to Export CDT to Excel, i have configured the CDT, CDT fields, Document Name, Document Save Directory, Excel Base Template, Sheet No, Starting Cell and Include header to false. I didn't configured Document to overwrite in the process.

When i am running this process model the excel is generating as expected but the configured Excel Base Template is also getting updated. I have tried with re-configuring the nodes and by deleting/updating/adding the Template but still the issue remains same.

Could you please suggest me if i am missing anything from my side and could you please check this functionality once again

Thanks in advance

• The Upgraded plugin  for Import CSV to Database is not working , when we give reference the table  through a schema.for example if we have a table country  which is not under any schema , the import will work for it , but if we have some thing like address.country  where address is the schema , it is failing to update the DB and through error as invalid table object.

• Th new version for Import CSV to database is not working , when we provide input name  -Table  with a schema name , it is not working  ,So when checked the code , we found the issue  that it is not creating the query string properly . for Ex -- If the table reference is -- Schema.table name   ,it create the query string as insert into [schema.tableName] (column1,colum2) values (value1,value2)   but it should be  insert into [schema].[tableName] (column1,colum2) values (value1,value2) . If we provide the Input as schema].[tableName instead of schema.tableName it is working.

• where do i get the latest jar ? please help