Excel Tools

Overview

Provides the following custom smart services and functions for handling data in Excel.

Key Features & Functionality

Smart Services included are:

• Merge Excel Documents
  • Import CSV to Database
  • Import Excel to Database
  • Load CSV to Database
  • Convert HTML to CSV  
  • Convert Excel to CSV
  • Encrypt Excel with Password

Functions included are:

• Read Excel File Paged
  • Read Excel Cell by Name
  • Read Excel Cell by Number
  • Query Appian Logs
  • Export Datasubset to Base64
  • Validate Document Headers
Anonymous
  • *..when utilizing queryAppianLogs() with hasHeader=false.  For instance:

queryAppianLogs(
      sqlStatement: "select * from login-audit",
      hasHeader: false
    )

returns a result set with the column name the same as the column value, not "COLUMN1,COLUMN2.." as defined.  Is anyone else having this issue?

• Hey all, we're on the latest version of the plugin (with Appian 19.1) and do not see correct results when utilizing queryAppian

• Hi michael,
    quick question we are in the version of 2.0.2 and we found that the version now is 2.2.6 is there anything we need reconfigure the nodes after we do the upgrade to the latest version.

• There is an issue with the "Import Excel to Database" smart service.
    Getting this error - "???Unknown column '' in 'field list'???"
    The issue is occurring if I dont pass "New Columns" and "New Columns Values". If nothing is passed then it forms the insert statement with '' blank column name which causes this error.
    Once I passed a column name into the "New Columns" and a value to "New Columns Values", it worked.
    Example insert statement which gives the exact error in mysql: 

INSERT INTO `TEST_EXCEL1`(`numberColumn`, `textColumn`, ``) VALUES ("111","333","")
    MySQL said: 
    #1054 - Unknown column '' in 'field list'

Please look into this and fix it.

• Hi Michael,

Error was due to application server cache. Issue was resolved after restarting the application server.

Thank you.

Regards,

Satya Andra.

• Are you still having this error?This is an odd error, can you make sure that only one version of excel tools is active on your environment? If on cloud open up a support case ask the support team to manually redeploy the plugin.

• Hello,

I have updated Excel Tools plug-in to latest version (v2.2.6) and noticed below error in stdout logs:

2019-09-23 09:38:22,104 [Timer-5] INFO com.appiancorp.cache.sail.StatefulSailCacheImpl - Stateful SAIL current memory cache entries=8 size=201744 bytes
    ERROR: Bundle com.appiancorp.ps.exceltools [49] Unable to get module class path. (java.lang.NullPointerException)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleRevisionImpl.calculateContentPath(BundleRevisionImpl.java:431)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleRevisionImpl.initializeContentPath(BundleRevisionImpl.java:368)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleRevisionImpl.getContentPath(BundleRevisionImpl.java:354)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleRevisionImpl.getResourceLocal(BundleRevisionImpl.java:493)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1511)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.getResourceByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1420)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoader.getResource(BundleWiringImpl.java:2430)
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.wd.run(wd.java:49)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.GlobalProperties.a(GlobalProperties.java:146)
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.GlobalProperties.d(GlobalProperties.java:100)
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.dr.run(dr.java:124)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)
    java.lang.NullPointerException

We are running on Appian v19.3. Can you please help me understand and find a fix for the above error?

Thanks in advance.

• Hello,

I have an issue with exporting data to excel. I need to export links in the excel file. I am currently using the ExportableDataSubset CDT and defining the columns where I need the links with an Excel function hyperlink ( “=HYPERLINK(“LINK”;”NAME”)” ). The problem with this method is that Excel does not recognize automatically the function I’m giving, I need to click on the function for them to calculate and show the link. This is not practical at all when I have to export over 50 links…

I would like to use the smart service “Export SQL data to Excel” included in this plug-in to use an Excel template and so that it could recognize instantly the links. The problem is that I can’t delete the former version of the ExportableDataSubset CDT to install the plug-in (the application I’m working on already use this CDT and I can’t modify this part of the app). If I install the plug-in nonetheless, the smart service “Export SQL data to Excel“ is deprecated.

So how is it possible to use an Excel template without suppressing the “ExportableDataSubset” CDT ? Or do you know another way to export links in Excel?

Thank you in advance,

My best regards,

• Import CSV to Database V3, is this smart service functional ?  I get the below error message : Unknown column 'NAME,ADDRESS' in 'field list' though my CSV file column names are exact same and aligned with DB column names as well.

• This error seems to indicate that your input for the "Data Source Name" parameter is incorrect.  Typically for a cloud site this will be the string "jdbc/Appian"