Excel Tools

Overview

Provides the following custom smart services and functions for handling data in Excel.

Key Features & Functionality

Smart Services included are:

• Merge Excel Documents
  • Import CSV to Database
  • Import Excel to Database
  • Load CSV to Database
  • Convert HTML to CSV  
  • Convert Excel to CSV
  • Encrypt Excel with Password

Functions included are:

• Read Excel File Paged
  • Read Excel Cell by Name
  • Read Excel Cell by Number
  • Query Appian Logs
  • Export Datasubset to Base64
  • Validate Document Headers
Anonymous
  • Hi,

We are getting below High Risk when we run the health check.

Excel Tools (com.appiancorp.ps.exceltools) references private Appian APIs
    [private] com.appiancorp.common.xml.XmlBeanSerializer.populateObject(java.lang.Object, org.w3c.dom.Node)

1 plug-in is using Appian APIs that are deprecated, private or have been removed. Plug-ins using APIs that have been removed from the latest Appian version will fail to function after an upgrade. Plug-ins using private APIs are not supported and risk breaking during an upgrade or between hotfixes. Plug-ins using deprecated APIs require refactoring to use alternative APIs as they will be removed and stop working in a future release.

Regards,
    Sandhya

• Hi,

after updating the plug-in to the latest version we get the following error in one of the features:
    Error Evaluating UI Expression Expression evaluation error [evaluation ID = d2a80:fc853] in rule 'ais_cases' : The function 'getdatasubsetdownloadlinkfromprocess' is unavailable.

Do we need to make an update in the feature to update this model to point to the new version {urn:com:appian:ps:excel:types}ExportableDataSubset ?

• Hi Team,I am using import excel to database plugin.but facing some issue..In my excel ,I have one column with integer values,but when any values is null in row ...smart service not able to insert any data in database....Anyone also faced this issue and any resolution. ?

• Hi,

We are getting below High Risk when we run the health check.

Excel Tools (com.appiancorp.ps.exceltools) references private Appian APIs
    [private] com.appiancorp.common.xml.XmlBeanSerializer.populateObject(java.lang.Object, org.w3c.dom.Node)

• Hi Shala,

can you please change this part of code  bellow to let the user choose File Encoding.

DatabaseUtils.exportBufferedDataToFile

bw = Files.newBufferedWriter(Paths.get(filePath), StandardCharsets.UTF_8);

thanks.

• We are unable to load special characters (from German language - ex. "ü") using the Import CSV to Database Smart Service. We are encountering error "java.lang.IllegalStateException: IOException reading next record: java.io.IOException: (line 5) invalid char between encapsulated token and delimiter"

• Hi, 

Issue resolved (sort of) - open and save source excel manually before using merge service.

Regards

• Release Notes - v2.2.20
    • Security Updates
  • Regarding:

• Export SQL data to CSV

I'm unable to locate/find this smart service when I search from the palette in Process Model. Can you please suggest?