FitNesse for Appian

Overview

FitNesse for Appian is a client-side tool that makes it easy to create automated tests on the Appian platform. Create test scripts that will run Appian as if a user was clicking through the application and filling out data. FitNesse for Appian includes easy instructions to get you started.

Note: Java 11 required for plugin version 23.4

Key Features & Functionality

With FitNesse for Appian, you can:

• Write easy-to-read wiki language tests for Appian applications
  • Speed up testing times
  • Set up reusable regression tests

Reusable scripts can be written to:

• Create new packages
  • Move them to different stages in the workflow
  • Check that forms are being populated correctly
Anonymous
Parents
  • Hi there. Apologies for the late response. My team is now responsible for supporting FitNesseForAppian and I have worked on it extensively this quarter.

As for the first part of your question, yes we do accomodate new Appian releases. We release a FitNesseForAppian version alongside every Appian release with support for all the new features!

For the second part of your question, we don't have an explicit method for selecting an item from the hierarchyBrowserFieldColumns but our methods are pretty general so a similar method might work. We can investigate that for you. We have several validation methods. You can CTRL +  F for "validation" in the CheatSheet within the tool and see if any of them work for you. "verifyFieldContainsValidationMessage" might work for your needs.

Let us know if you have any more questions and we can try to help you out

Comment
  • Hi there. Apologies for the late response. My team is now responsible for supporting FitNesseForAppian and I have worked on it extensively this quarter.

As for the first part of your question, yes we do accomodate new Appian releases. We release a FitNesseForAppian version alongside every Appian release with support for all the new features!

For the second part of your question, we don't have an explicit method for selecting an item from the hierarchyBrowserFieldColumns but our methods are pretty general so a similar method might work. We can investigate that for you. We have several validation methods. You can CTRL +  F for "validation" in the CheatSheet within the tool and see if any of them work for you. "verifyFieldContainsValidationMessage" might work for your needs.

Let us know if you have any more questions and we can try to help you out

Children
  •                                

!***> FitNesse Configurations

!define TEST_SYSTEM {slim}
    !define COMMAND_PATTERN {java -Dlog4j.configuration=file:///${automated.testing.home}/log4j.properties -cp %p %m}
    !path ${automated.testing.home}/**.jar
    *!
    ----
    !3 '''Please follow the directions below to execute the test'''
    ----
     1 If your TESTING_HOME is located somewhere other than ${automated.testing.home}, update ''automated.testing.home'' in TESTING_HOME/configs/custom.properties
       * For more information look at [[Changing !-FitNesse-! for Appian installation directory][.FitNesseForAppian.Documentation.Administration.ChangeFitnesseForAppianInstallationDirectory]].
     2 Click "Edit" at the top of this page and update the following fields in the "Initialization and Login" block below
       * Replace ''APPIAN_URL'' with Appian URL, beginning with https:// and including /suite at the end (e.g. https://forum.appian.com/suite)
       * Replace ''APPIAN_VERSION'' with (17.4, 18.1, 18.2, 18.3, 18.4, 19.1, 19.2 or 19.3)
       * Replace ''APPIAN_LOCALE'' with (en_US or en_GB) to handle differences in how dates are displayed
       * Replace ''APPIAN_USERNAME'' with a valid username for Appian URL above
       * Open ${automated.testing.home}/configs/users.properties and add a line for the above username that is of the form username=password (e.g. test.user=password)
     3 Click "Test" at the top of this page
    ----
    !*** Initialization and Login to Tempo

!| script             |com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.TempoFixture|
    |setup with           |CHROME                   |browser                  |
    |set appian url to    |https://iemtest.appiancloud.com/suite                                          |
    |set appian version to|v19.3                                     |
    |set appian locale to |en_US                                       |

***!
    !*** Click on all the tabs

!| script       
    |login with username  |joe.contractor|
    define TIMEOUT_SECONDS {100}|
    |click on menu|News   |
    |click on menu|Tasks  |
    |click on menu|Records|
    |click on menu|Reports|
    |click on menu|Actions|
    ***!
    !*** Log out and tear down

!| script |
    |logout   |
    |tear down|
    ***!

Hello. I am trying to configure Fitnesse for Appian, but I keep getting errors when trying to run the test example (see above). We think it may be related to my custom.properties file. Can you help me resolve this? Thank you.