FitNesse for Appian

Overview

FitNesse for Appian is a client-side tool that makes it easy to create automated tests on the Appian platform. Create test scripts that will run Appian as if a user was clicking through the application and filling out data. FitNesse for Appian includes easy instructions to get you started.

Note: Java 11 required for plugin version 23.4

Key Features & Functionality

With FitNesse for Appian, you can:

• Write easy-to-read wiki language tests for Appian applications
  • Speed up testing times
  • Set up reusable regression tests

Reusable scripts can be written to:

• Create new packages
  • Move them to different stages in the workflow
  • Check that forms are being populated correctly
Anonymous
Parents
  • We recently upgraded from Appian 19.2 to 19.3.  The Fitnesse tests ran successfully in 19.2 but not all tests work in 19.3 because the scripts no longer interact with radio buttons.  Case 485575 has been created with Appian, but I'm wondering if this is a Fitnesse issue.

For instance, the label next to the radio button in our interface is "Aggregation" (without the quotes), so the Fitnesse script states:
    |click on radio option  |Aggregation |

I've also tried the following since the Aggregation radio button is the first radio button on the page.
    |click on radio option  | [1] |  
    This did not work either.  For both, I am receiving this message: Timeout period reached: Radio option - Aggregation

When looking at the html between Appian versions 19.2 and 19.3, the class of the radio buttons has changed, so I'm wondering if Fitnesse is not recognizing the new radio button class. 

For all radio buttons on the page in Appian 19.2: 
    class=RadioButtonGroup---choice_label RadioButtonGroup---inLightBackground  

and in Appian 19.3:
    class=RadioSelect---choice_label RadioSelect---inLightBackground.

Comment
  • We recently upgraded from Appian 19.2 to 19.3.  The Fitnesse tests ran successfully in 19.2 but not all tests work in 19.3 because the scripts no longer interact with radio buttons.  Case 485575 has been created with Appian, but I'm wondering if this is a Fitnesse issue.

For instance, the label next to the radio button in our interface is "Aggregation" (without the quotes), so the Fitnesse script states:
    |click on radio option  |Aggregation |

I've also tried the following since the Aggregation radio button is the first radio button on the page.
    |click on radio option  | [1] |  
    This did not work either.  For both, I am receiving this message: Timeout period reached: Radio option - Aggregation

When looking at the html between Appian versions 19.2 and 19.3, the class of the radio buttons has changed, so I'm wondering if Fitnesse is not recognizing the new radio button class. 

For all radio buttons on the page in Appian 19.2: 
    class=RadioButtonGroup---choice_label RadioButtonGroup---inLightBackground  

and in Appian 19.3:
    class=RadioSelect---choice_label RadioSelect---inLightBackground.

Children