FitNesse for Appian

Overview

FitNesse for Appian is a client-side tool that makes it easy to create automated tests on the Appian platform. Create test scripts that will run Appian as if a user was clicking through the application and filling out data. FitNesse for Appian includes easy instructions to get you started.

Note: Java 11 required for plugin version 23.4

Key Features & Functionality

With FitNesse for Appian, you can:

• Write easy-to-read wiki language tests for Appian applications
  • Speed up testing times
  • Set up reusable regression tests

Reusable scripts can be written to:

• Create new packages
  • Move them to different stages in the workflow
  • Check that forms are being populated correctly
Anonymous
Parents
  • I noticed when we upgraded Appian to 22.1 one of our tests started failing with a timeout on a progress bar. I thought upgrading FitNesse for Appian might fix this, but it did not.

Here is the most interesting thing: the test performs the next step successfully but reports the progress bar as timed out and reports the next step also as timed out due to the progress bar, even though both steps succeed. I tried adding a "wait for progress bar" step, however, the test step waits for the progress bar and then just ends up waiting for a second progress bar that never appears, causing the rest of the steps to fail. A "wait for 15 seconds" step lets the test catch up and the remainder of the steps succeed.

I would love to dig into this. I also have some modifications that I would like to share. Would it be possible to get access to the source to look for bugs like this and add other features?

Comment
  • I noticed when we upgraded Appian to 22.1 one of our tests started failing with a timeout on a progress bar. I thought upgrading FitNesse for Appian might fix this, but it did not.

Here is the most interesting thing: the test performs the next step successfully but reports the progress bar as timed out and reports the next step also as timed out due to the progress bar, even though both steps succeed. I tried adding a "wait for progress bar" step, however, the test step waits for the progress bar and then just ends up waiting for a second progress bar that never appears, causing the rest of the steps to fail. A "wait for 15 seconds" step lets the test catch up and the remainder of the steps succeed.

I would love to dig into this. I also have some modifications that I would like to share. Would it be possible to get access to the source to look for bugs like this and add other features?

Children
No Data