FitNesse for Appian

Overview

FitNesse for Appian is a client-side tool that makes it easy to create automated tests on the Appian platform. Create test scripts that will run Appian as if a user was clicking through the application and filling out data. FitNesse for Appian includes easy instructions to get you started.

Note: Java 11 required for plugin version 23.4

Key Features & Functionality

With FitNesse for Appian, you can:

• Write easy-to-read wiki language tests for Appian applications
  • Speed up testing times
  • Set up reusable regression tests

Reusable scripts can be written to:

• Create new packages
  • Move them to different stages in the workflow
  • Check that forms are being populated correctly
Anonymous
Parents
  • Having some issues with FitNesse 21.1 when trying to run the script through TFS pipeline and docker. It seems like when it reaches the step Setup with REMOTE_CHROME browser it is freezing up. When stopping the script, I receive the error cannot send/receive data from SUT. I have modified the custom.properties file with the correct protocol, ip, and port number as well as provided the correct path to the linux chrome driver. Is anyone aware of this issue or know of a fix?

• Hi

Is this just happening now? or has it not ever worked since previous release.

Are you running your web driver in a docker container? We use https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/docker-selenium image for chrome driver container. 

I have seen people run into an issue where they didn't specify a port mapping to direct port 4444 of the docker container to 4444 of your running machine.  If this is your issue, you should be able to update your docker compose by adding a tab like:

ports:
        - "4444:4444"

Or use a -p parameter if you are running it using docker command directly like such

docker run -p 4444:4444 ...

Hope this helps, please let us know if you have more questions.

• Did you try replacing the whole directory FitNesseForAppian directory? In 21.1, I did some refactoring the structure of the files in the release so you can't simply the /lib/appian folder, you will need to replace the entire FitNesseForAppian (but please remember to keep your test suite files). 

• Hello ,

We have attempted to do this with 20.1 and 21.1, the other team on the project is able to run the scripts through the pipeline using Fitnesse 20.1 but not 21.1. We have done a comparison between their config files in the pipeline and ours and were not able to see a difference. We are currently using selenium/standalone-chrome and the docker compose has ports 4445:4444 and we configured the chrome.host.port in the custom.properties file to be 4445

Comment
  • Hello ,

We have attempted to do this with 20.1 and 21.1, the other team on the project is able to run the scripts through the pipeline using Fitnesse 20.1 but not 21.1. We have done a comparison between their config files in the pipeline and ours and were not able to see a difference. We are currently using selenium/standalone-chrome and the docker compose has ports 4445:4444 and we configured the chrome.host.port in the custom.properties file to be 4445

Children
  • Did you try replacing the whole directory FitNesseForAppian directory? In 21.1, I did some refactoring the structure of the files in the release so you can't simply the /lib/appian folder, you will need to replace the entire FitNesseForAppian (but please remember to keep your test suite files).