FitNesse for Appian

Overview

FitNesse for Appian is a client-side tool that makes it easy to create automated tests on the Appian platform. Create test scripts that will run Appian as if a user was clicking through the application and filling out data. FitNesse for Appian includes easy instructions to get you started.

Note: Java 11 required for plugin version 23.4

Key Features & Functionality

With FitNesse for Appian, you can:

• Write easy-to-read wiki language tests for Appian applications
  • Speed up testing times
  • Set up reusable regression tests

Reusable scripts can be written to:

• Create new packages
  • Move them to different stages in the workflow
  • Check that forms are being populated correctly
Anonymous
Parents
  • This latest release is missing the FitNesse standalone jar and libraries in the FitNesse Application.zip. I tried downloading the latest FitNesse standalone jar (20200501) and running, however, I am getting this error:

"Could not find class com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture"

It looks like the standalone jar is not loading the other directories.

I was able to get this to work by copying the library files from the previous installation. So, new users will not be able to use this version of FitNesse without downloading a previous version.

• I too am experiencing this same issue. Even with the new download from today. 
    Is there a place where one may be able to download specific earlier versions? Say 20.3? 

• Hi,

Could you verify that your file structure looks same as this after you downloaded/copied over the files in the lib folder?

The important thing to note is that the "fitnesse-for-appian-21.1.jar" is placed under "lib/appian" directory.

If the file structure looks correct, could you verify that your "configs/custom.properties" has the correct values for "automated.testing.home"? For example, my fitnesse installation resides on path "/Users/vincent.wang/Desktop/tests/FitNesseForAppian" so I have automated.testing.home=/Users/vincent.wang/Desktop/tests/FitNesseForAppian in my custom.properties file. Note if you are using Windows, please use double backward slashes such as C:\\FitNesseForAppian. 

Thanks.

• I did not understand this line "I copied over the files and placed the jar file in the lib folder. "

If you download the latest version and unzip it, that should work without having to copy files. Could you try the latest downloaded version without copying any files? 

• So the error for me occurs immediately after attempting to run any test script. 

The first error listed is com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.TempoFixture Could not find class com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture

The execution log looks as such.  

Initially I upgrade the version because logging in via Fitnesse was no longer working. I copied over the files and placed the jar file in the lib folder. 

Comment
  • So the error for me occurs immediately after attempting to run any test script. 

The first error listed is com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture.TempoFixture Could not find class com.appiancorp.ps.automatedtest.fixture

The execution log looks as such.  

Initially I upgrade the version because logging in via Fitnesse was no longer working. I copied over the files and placed the jar file in the lib folder. 

Children
  • Hi,

Could you verify that your file structure looks same as this after you downloaded/copied over the files in the lib folder?

The important thing to note is that the "fitnesse-for-appian-21.1.jar" is placed under "lib/appian" directory.

If the file structure looks correct, could you verify that your "configs/custom.properties" has the correct values for "automated.testing.home"? For example, my fitnesse installation resides on path "/Users/vincent.wang/Desktop/tests/FitNesseForAppian" so I have automated.testing.home=/Users/vincent.wang/Desktop/tests/FitNesseForAppian in my custom.properties file. Note if you are using Windows, please use double backward slashes such as C:\\FitNesseForAppian. 

Thanks.

• I did not understand this line "I copied over the files and placed the jar file in the lib folder. "

If you download the latest version and unzip it, that should work without having to copy files. Could you try the latest downloaded version without copying any files?