GOV.UK Design System

Overview

As a developer, I want to style my application so that it complies with UK government design standards.

Key Features & Functionality

If your customer is a UK government agency, their apps are required to comply with GOV.UK Design System requirements. Use these interface rules as a way to make your application compliant with UK government standards. The UK.GOV Design System site displays implementations for components, patterns, and styles using Appian components.

Anonymous
Parents
  • How does this perform with screen readers etc and genreal WCAG accessibility?

• Before publishing, we reviewed the patterns to make sure that:

1. If fields weren’t using OOTB labels, a “Collapsed” label was added (these are read by screen readers)
    2. Added accessibility text where appropriate

When Appian 20.4 is released, I will be publishing an updated version of this app to utilize some components that will be available in the release. During the time, I’ll be sure to do another accessibility review and make appropriate updates.

Comment
  • Before publishing, we reviewed the patterns to make sure that:

1. If fields weren’t using OOTB labels, a “Collapsed” label was added (these are read by screen readers)
    2. Added accessibility text where appropriate

When Appian 20.4 is released, I will be publishing an updated version of this app to utilize some components that will be available in the release. During the time, I’ll be sure to do another accessibility review and make appropriate updates.

Children