JWT

Overview

Generate and validate JSON web tokens for use in integrating and authenticating with external systems, using a JWKS registry to get public keys for token signature validation

Key Features & Functionality

• createtoken (Function) - create a signed JSON web token with standard claims.
  • createtokenwithcustomclaims (Function) - create a signed JSON web token with standard claims and additional custom claims that may be required for authentication with specific systems.
  • validatejwtsignature (Function) - Verify a received token against the issuing system's public key. Returns true if token was verified.
  • decodeJWT (Function) - Given a JWKS registry URL and a token, retrieve the proper public key and validate the given token returning an string with the decoded token if signature is valid, null otherwise.
Anonymous
Parents
  • Hello

I have a JWKS repository with a mutual authentification (mTLS)
    I imported a client certificat in "Client Certificates" of the admin console (docs.appian.com/.../Appian_Administration_Console.html
    It is now OK from a stantard appian integration object, I can get the list of certificats

But with the JWT plugin, I have this error :

Caused by: com.auth0.jwk.NetworkException: Cannot obtain jwks from url https://XXXXX/oauth2/v1/keys
    at com.auth0.jwk.UrlJwkProvider.getJwks(UrlJwkProvider.java:139)
    at com.auth0.jwk.UrlJwkProvider.getAll(UrlJwkProvider.java:145)
    at com.auth0.jwk.UrlJwkProvider.get(UrlJwkProvider.java:163)
    at com.appiancorp.cs.plugins.jwtTools.jwt.InvalidableCache$2.call(InvalidableCache.java:43)
    at com.appiancorp.cs.plugins.jwtTools.jwt.InvalidableCache$2.call(InvalidableCache.java:38)
    at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LocalManualCache$1.load(LocalCache.java:4876)
    at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LoadingValueReference.loadFuture(LocalCache.java:3528)
    at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.loadSync(LocalCache.java:2277)
    ... 262 more
    Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

It looks like mTLS is not managed by the plugin (handshake_failure)
    Can you confirm this and is it possible to upgrade the plugin?

Comment
  • Hello

I have a JWKS repository with a mutual authentification (mTLS)
    I imported a client certificat in "Client Certificates" of the admin console (docs.appian.com/.../Appian_Administration_Console.html
    It is now OK from a stantard appian integration object, I can get the list of certificats

But with the JWT plugin, I have this error :

Caused by: com.auth0.jwk.NetworkException: Cannot obtain jwks from url https://XXXXX/oauth2/v1/keys
    at com.auth0.jwk.UrlJwkProvider.getJwks(UrlJwkProvider.java:139)
    at com.auth0.jwk.UrlJwkProvider.getAll(UrlJwkProvider.java:145)
    at com.auth0.jwk.UrlJwkProvider.get(UrlJwkProvider.java:163)
    at com.appiancorp.cs.plugins.jwtTools.jwt.InvalidableCache$2.call(InvalidableCache.java:43)
    at com.appiancorp.cs.plugins.jwtTools.jwt.InvalidableCache$2.call(InvalidableCache.java:38)
    at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LocalManualCache$1.load(LocalCache.java:4876)
    at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LoadingValueReference.loadFuture(LocalCache.java:3528)
    at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.loadSync(LocalCache.java:2277)
    ... 262 more
    Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

It looks like mTLS is not managed by the plugin (handshake_failure)
    Can you confirm this and is it possible to upgrade the plugin?

Children
No Data