Kafka Tools

Overview

KafkaTools provides the following functionality that allows publishing to and consuming from topics on Kafka Servers.

Smart Services

• Publish To Kafka
  • Consume From Kafka

In order to process the messages consumed from Kafka, it is recommended to use the Transaction Manager application. The models designed to process messages will be configured an assigned through the transaction manager job types. See documentation for Transaction Manager

Key Features & Functionality

Please refer to the README for additional details.

Anonymous
Parents Comment Children
  • I just looked into the source code and found the below constructor is used to instantiate an object of ProducerRecord class which does not take 'Header' as parameter:
    ProducerRecord(String topic, V value)

Create a record with no key

If the headers are required to be passed then another constructor of this class is required to be used as shown below:

ProducerRecord(String topic, Integer partition, K key, V value, Iterable<Header> headers)

Creates a record to be sent to a specified topic and partition

Please let us know - if there is any plan to upgrade it in future to accept headers or we need to extend it for our custom need

• Hello Appian AppMarket Team,

Can I get answer on my earlier question: 

We are using this plugin to post messages to Kafka Topic. We would like to also send headers with the message. How can we do that using this plugin. We are using SASL Mechanism as 'PLAIN'.

Thanks in Advance.