Kafka Tools

Overview

KafkaTools provides the following functionality that allows publishing to and consuming from topics on Kafka Servers.

Smart Services

• Publish To Kafka
  • Consume From Kafka

In order to process the messages consumed from Kafka, it is recommended to use the Transaction Manager application. The models designed to process messages will be configured an assigned through the transaction manager job types. See documentation for Transaction Manager

Key Features & Functionality

Please refer to the README for additional details.

Anonymous
Parents
  • Hi, 

Does anyone know how this plug-in works? I mean, in what format does it publish messages to Kafka and how does it save the data in the database. 

As my colleague Patricia says below, we need to use Schema Registry to serialize and deserialize messages in AVRO format. Can this be done with this plug-in?

I've seen in the documentation that Consume from Kafka Smart Service has an input parameter called "Deserializer Class Name" but Publish to Kafka Smart Service hasn't any input parameter related to serialization. Does this mean that the plugin serializes the messages in some way? You can provide it the Java class to use for deserialization but not how it should serialize the messages to publish to Kafka? This is really confusing.

Thanks in advance. 

Comment
  • Hi, 

Does anyone know how this plug-in works? I mean, in what format does it publish messages to Kafka and how does it save the data in the database. 

As my colleague Patricia says below, we need to use Schema Registry to serialize and deserialize messages in AVRO format. Can this be done with this plug-in?

I've seen in the documentation that Consume from Kafka Smart Service has an input parameter called "Deserializer Class Name" but Publish to Kafka Smart Service hasn't any input parameter related to serialization. Does this mean that the plugin serializes the messages in some way? You can provide it the Java class to use for deserialization but not how it should serialize the messages to publish to Kafka? This is really confusing.

Thanks in advance. 

Children
No Data