This Plug-in provides the ability to update Appian user profiles from data retrieved from an LDAP server. The data that can be synchronized include all the default user profile fields except the username (e.g. first name, last name, address, phone, supervisor, title, etc…) as well as the custom fields.
See the instructions documentation (attached PDF) and https://community.appian.com/w/the-appian-playbook/520/ldap-synchronization for more information.
You can try a few things:
We are running Appian 19.4 & ldaptools-1.4.0.jarWhen running ldapsearch the data returned is null with no errors.The same query when run with the same account bound in ldp.exe returns the expected values.Appian support was not able to provide assistance and recommended posting here.Please advise.
I am facing exactly this , the configuration page shows 2 users for a filter but the LDAP Synch With Usernames smart service in the process returns only 1 user. Were you able to solve this ?
Hi All, Can someone help me. I think I am doing something wrong in BASE DN and FILTERs. Connection is successful but user sync is not happening. Getting empty result from LDAP server.
Hi Robert, We are on 18.1 and trying to connect LDAP server for user creation,amandment with LDAP 1.4 version application. We are able to establish connection successfully and users are not synchronizing which are in LDAP group.
Can you provide more information? What other filters have you applied on the configuration screen? Did the users exist in the environment before running this instance of LDAP sync?
We managed to get the plugin working. However, we are observing an issue. In the configuration screen, the filter testing results returns 3 users, however, in the "LDAP User Synch With Usernames" node, the "usernamesUpdated_texts" var will only return 2 users, therefore, 1 of the user will be removed from the current group in appian after the sync.
We checked the setting on all 3 users in ldap are the same, what else are we missing here? Or can anyone tell us how can the same filter returns correct number of users in a group in ldap in configuration screen, and not in the smart node in process model?
We are seeing issues with new ldap account syncing to Appian. It will silently fail (no error message in Errors tab in process instance). Does anyone see this issue or know how to debug this?
We use the ldap plugin to sync users and roles between AD and Appian. We are seeing an issue that started in February with the ldapsearch rule. Occasionally the search will return null or 1 which will then drop all the other users from the equivalent Appian role. When we rerun the exact same rule it returns all the users that we expect. Currently to mitigate the production issue we're having the Appian admins manually running the LDAP sync process. The AD group does have 1525 users in it and has never been an issue before. We're using version 1.2.2 of the LDAP Tools.
is this plugin compatible with Appian 18.2 or higher?
Hi, is this plugin compatible with TLS 1.2?
Hi nathanp119, I have reached out internally about your question. I would also suggest posting in Discussions (community.appian.com/.../) to see if other Community users have insight. Your question will get the most visibility that way!
Also using the ldapsearch function and querying the memberOf attribute with a a!sortInfo("memberOf") throws the error:
"Failed to request page: javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 76 - 00002040: SvcErr: DSID-031403FE, problem 5010 (UNAVAIL_EXTENSION), data 0
]; remaining name ''"
I am using v1.3.0 of the plug-in
I am seeing an issue with the ldapsearch function when VLVControlSupported is true. When set to true, the number of results is affected if the pagingInfo doesn't contain a!sortInfo
© 2020 Appian. All rights reserved.