LDAP Tools

Overview

This Plug-in provides the ability to update Appian user profiles from data retrieved from an LDAP server. The data that can be synchronized include all the default user profile fields except the username (e.g. first name, last name, address, phone, supervisor, title, etc…) as well as the custom fields.

Key Features & Functionality

• LDAP User Profile Synchronization (Smart Service) - available in the Process Modeler under Integration Services > Connectivity Services
  • LDAP Sync Process Model (Sample Process Model) - will need to be tailored and tested based on identity management requirements
  • ldapSearch() Function - returns an array of LDAP attributes for a specific search query

See the instructions documentation (attached PDF) and https://community.appian.com/w/the-appian-playbook/520/ldap-synchronization for more information.

Anonymous
Parents
  • Hi everyone !
    Before January ends, I wish you all a happy new year : keep safe and stay healthy !

I'd like to know if one of you have experienced a synchronization error while you retrieve the last user of a directory service group ?
    We got this error message sent :

This case doesn't seem to be described in the Plugin's documentation, so is it a anomally or is it an expected behaviour ?
    How do you handle this error when it appears, and is there a workaround to bypass it ?

This behaviour is quite embarrassing in our case, as some service/group can fused, so we need in some cases to move users from a group to another.

Thanks for reading, and moreover, for responding !

Jean-Jacques

Comment
  • Hi everyone !
    Before January ends, I wish you all a happy new year : keep safe and stay healthy !

I'd like to know if one of you have experienced a synchronization error while you retrieve the last user of a directory service group ?
    We got this error message sent :

This case doesn't seem to be described in the Plugin's documentation, so is it a anomally or is it an expected behaviour ?
    How do you handle this error when it appears, and is there a workaround to bypass it ?

This behaviour is quite embarrassing in our case, as some service/group can fused, so we need in some cases to move users from a group to another.

Thanks for reading, and moreover, for responding !

Jean-Jacques

Children