MSGraph Email Poller

Overview

Need to poll emails from your Exchange server? This smart service can be used in a poller process and extract the data from the Microsoft Exchange server. Messages are stored in the Appian Document System, as well as the attachments. Meta data is stored in a database table for further processing.

This plug-in provides an alternative to sending emails to an Appian process model when inbound email integration is requested. Instead of the email being forwarded to Appian, this plug-in reads the emails directly from the Exchange mailbox using the MS Graph API as described below:

• Reads the mailbox using the MS Graph API
  • Convert the email to an EML file stored as an Appian document; Item attachments (calendar invites, messages) are kept in the eml file, File attachments removed from it and stored separately in the document management system.
  • Store all email file attachments as separate Appian documents
  • Store all email metadata (subject, author, recipients, etc...) into a set of tables in the database

Key Features & Functionality

All information how to deploy, configure and use the smart service is in the 'MS Graph Mail Poller.pdf' document in the downloaded zip. Extract the files in the ZIP and follow the instructions in the document.

Anonymous
Parents
  • Hi Team,  we recently upgraded the plugin to 4.0.3 version. it is working fine in QA. But in Preprod, same version is giving below error.

Any idea, what could be the issue?

Error code: ErrorAccessDeniedError message: Access to OData is disabled. GET graph.microsoft.com/.../deleteditems SdkVersion : graph-java/v5.41.0403 : Forbidden[...][Some information was truncated for brevity, enable debug logging for more details]

Comment
  • Hi Team,  we recently upgraded the plugin to 4.0.3 version. it is working fine in QA. But in Preprod, same version is giving below error.

Any idea, what could be the issue?

Error code: ErrorAccessDeniedError message: Access to OData is disabled. GET graph.microsoft.com/.../deleteditems SdkVersion : graph-java/v5.41.0403 : Forbidden[...][Some information was truncated for brevity, enable debug logging for more details]

Children
  • Hey gaurav, were you able to figure out the issue.I got the same error right now. I've the same tenant for almost 6 months and nothing changed on O365 and validated the credentials. Not sure if i need to create a new Azure agent.

It would be helpful if you could provide how/what fixed your issue.

Thanks

Sri

• The error seems rather straightforward - looks to me like a permissions issue, are you using a different tenant in preprod? Check credentials with your o365 admin and make sure you have access to the mail apis.