People Functions

Overview

Contains a collection of user and group related Functions and Smart Services as detailed below.

Please note that this plugin contains functions that were previously included in the Group Functions plugin and the User and Group Management Application plug-in.

IMPORTANT: Prior to deploying v1.9 or the latest version of the People Functions plugin, please un-deploy the Group Plugins function and the User And Group Management Application plugin if they are present on your environment.

Deprecated functions and smart service are now included out of the box.

Key Features & Functionality

Functions:

• getgroupbyname
  • getgroupnames
  • getgrouptypename
  • getgroupsoftype
  • getgroupsoftypefromlist
  • getmembergroups
  • getmembergroupsoftype
  • getModifiedUsersByTimestamp
  • getParentsOfGroups
  • getUsersLastPasswordChange
  • retrieveusersecurityrolemap
  • validateEmailAddress
  • getUsersByUUID
  • getGroupTypeAttributes

Smart Services:

• Add People As Group Admins
  • Unlock User
Anonymous
Parents Comment Children
  • What is your startIndex value? (it should be 0 if you want the first result)

• I spoke too soon, getadminuserspaging() seems to be regularly missing a member of the admin group. For whatever reason it is skipping the member added to the admin group whose user ID comes first alphabetically.

e.g. If I have in the admin group users : Aaron, Brady, Carl, David, Edward then getadminuserspaging() will ONLY pull back Brady, Carl, David, Edward.  If I thin remove David it will then pull back Brady, Carl, Edward; however, if I were to remove Aaron it would pull back Carl, Edward skipping Brady this time as he's the new first in alphabet.

Please advise as to why the plugin is behaving this way and how I can get it to pull back all admin users including the first alphabetically.

• I was able to workaround this for my use case using getadminuserspaging() which seemed to work for all groups, still curious why the other function only worked for some groups.