People Functions

Overview

Contains a collection of user and group related Functions and Smart Services as detailed below.

Please note that this plugin contains functions that were previously included in the Group Functions plugin and the User and Group Management Application plug-in.

IMPORTANT: Prior to deploying v1.9 or the latest version of the People Functions plugin, please un-deploy the Group Plugins function and the User And Group Management Application plugin if they are present on your environment.

Deprecated functions and smart service are now included out of the box.

Key Features & Functionality

Functions:

• getgroupbyname
  • getgroupnames
  • getgrouptypename
  • getgroupsoftype
  • getgroupsoftypefromlist
  • getmembergroups
  • getmembergroupsoftype
  • getModifiedUsersByTimestamp
  • getParentsOfGroups
  • getUsersLastPasswordChange
  • retrieveusersecurityrolemap
  • validateEmailAddress
  • getUsersByUUID
  • getGroupTypeAttributes

Smart Services:

• Add People As Group Admins
  • Unlock User
Anonymous
Parents
  • Hey  -- any chance the "update user profile advanced" smart service could be updated to include updating of the user's Nickname (aka displayName)?  Our dev team is trying to allow this to be updated by the front-end (and/or provided by Active Directory), but so far there seems to be no functionality within Appian to do this. 

• (I should clarify that when I say "front end", i mean procedurally such as via a related action or some other, not by the OOB name details editor -- since all other user details will be provided via Active Directory for almost all of our users, we had to lock down this capability, and there is currently no way to lock these out without also locking out the Nickname update field.)

Comment
  • (I should clarify that when I say "front end", i mean procedurally such as via a related action or some other, not by the OOB name details editor -- since all other user details will be provided via Active Directory for almost all of our users, we had to lock down this capability, and there is currently no way to lock these out without also locking out the Nickname update field.)

Children
No Data