Process Display Component

Overview

When utilized with the companion Process Display Functions Plug-in allows designers to configure UIs that display process status on the process model itself to end users.

Key Features & Functionality

Provides a single component

• displayProcess - that displays the process model and state from the JSON representation retrieved by the companion getProcessForDisplayData function provided by the Process Display Functions Plug-in.
Anonymous
Parents
  • Is there a user guide? Couple of question I have but can't find any answers in a doc:

• There is a parameter on the display component called "disabled." It appears this controls if a user can click on the component, but I don't see any way of capturing what the user clicked or what to do with that information. Ex. User clicks an active sub-process node and we can then display that sub-process in this component. 
    • Can you include more detailed error messages? There are several process instances I have that throw an error, but I have no idea why an error is occurring. All the logs say is "an error occurred". I'm not sure if it is bad input data, permissions mismatch, etc. etc.
  • Josh

• Disabled is a standard component plugin parameter and I'm not doing any special handling of it right now.  You are correct that this is a very basic display of the process without interactivity
    • As far as Error messages - the generic error message you state is 1 of 3 issues - you don't have permission to view the process, it references an invalid process or the process references an invalid model (extremely unlikely).  In general its a development practice to hide the difference between those permission errors and invalid process errors so that users can't find some information about the existence of processes, but because these errors also are used by designers I agree it is a difficult state to deal with.  I'll consider if we can just surface that permission error up.
  • Thanks for the reply! Did not know the disabled parameter being standard, good to know. I'm guessing for the error I've been seeing is the latter, as I am a system admin. It is in a demo environment so there and there is a ton of junk in there so I feel like it is the latter. Not a huge deal either way.

Comment
  • Thanks for the reply! Did not know the disabled parameter being standard, good to know. I'm guessing for the error I've been seeing is the latter, as I am a system admin. It is in a demo environment so there and there is a ton of junk in there so I feel like it is the latter. Not a huge deal either way.

Children
No Data