Send/Cancel Meeting Request and Generate iCalendar

Overview

Send and cancel a meeting request (iCal/vCal event) and generate the iCal String so that it can be written to a file.

This version is for Appian 22.3 and above. Cloud customers on a lower version of Appian that want to install this plugin should open a support case. Self-managed customers can find the latest jar for Appian 22.2 and lower version in the appmarket download file.

Key Features & Functionality

Contains three Smart Services that can

• Generate an iCalendar String so that it can be written to a file
  • Send a Meeting Request (iCal/vCal event)
    • Returns the meeting unique identifier (uid) so that it can be used later to cancel the meeting request if needed
  • Cancel a Meeting Request (iCal/vCal event)
    • Given a uid returned by a previous execution of "Send Meeting Request", it allows you to cancel the meeting request and have it removed from the guests' calendar

A sample Appian application is included with the download of this Plug-in.  Release notes are also provided as part of the download package.

Anonymous
Parents Comment Children
  • I believe the email should work without extra configurations on an Appian Cloud site. You could open a support ticket in order to confirm that the email is being sent correctly. The custom plugin itself is not inside the scope of Appian Support but they will be able to confirm if the email is leaving the Appian Cloud infrastructure.

• Also can you please help me with which logs i need to check what is happening i did check the tomcatstd out but couldnt find any.

• Thanks for the reply i did check the junk and Spam Folder, unfortunately it is not there in those folders, also we are working on cloud. Do i need to check anything with the team or is the cloud should be sending the email. sorry for troubling you as we are in need of this requirement so wanted to check the feasibilities.

• Hi , if the email is not being sent then I recommend to confirm your Appian environment is configured correctly to send emails. If emails are being sent but you do not receive the invite, you could also check your Junk/spam folder.