SFTP Smart Services

Overview

Contains multiple Smart Services for interacting with a remote file server via SFTP, FTP, or SCP.  Using these services, an Appian application can be configured to send and receive files, folders, and metadata in a process.  Features support for zlib compression.

Key Features & Functionality

Smart Services included:

• SFTP:
    • Remove Directory Over SFTP (Basic Credentials)
    • Send File Over SFTP
    • Send File Over SFTP (Basic Credentials)
    • Receive File Over SFTP
    • Receive File Over SFTP (Basic Credentials)
    • Rename File Over SFTP
    • Get Remote Directory Contents Over SFTP
    • Get Remote Directory Contents Over SFTP (Basic Credentials)
    • Create Directory Over SFTP
    • Create Directory Over SFTP (Basic Credentials)
  • SCP:
    • Send File Over SCP
    • Receive File Over SCP
  • FTP:
    • Send File Over FTP
    • Receive File Over FTP
    • Receive Folder Over FTP
  • FTPS
    • Receive Folder Over FTPS
    • Send File Over FTPS (Basic Credentials)

All smart services in the package use Secure Credentials Store.

Anonymous
Parents
  • Hello, I wonder why this smart service is not able to return a response of whether the action was successful or not. What I'm currently doing is Sending the File Over SFTP and then Getting the Remote Directory Contents in order to verify if the file it was sent was successfully saved on the server. However, if the file ends up not being in the server, it will throw an error (this because I'm now passing the file path and not the directory path for the simple reason of in case there are thousands of files in that directory). I can't seem to find a solution to this problem. Any tip or if this plugin will ever be updated to return any type of response of whether the sending of the file was successfully executed?

Comment
  • Hello, I wonder why this smart service is not able to return a response of whether the action was successful or not. What I'm currently doing is Sending the File Over SFTP and then Getting the Remote Directory Contents in order to verify if the file it was sent was successfully saved on the server. However, if the file ends up not being in the server, it will throw an error (this because I'm now passing the file path and not the directory path for the simple reason of in case there are thousands of files in that directory). I can't seem to find a solution to this problem. Any tip or if this plugin will ever be updated to return any type of response of whether the sending of the file was successfully executed?

Children
No Data