SFTP Smart Services

Overview

Contains multiple Smart Services for interacting with a remote file server via SFTP, FTP, or SCP.  Using these services, an Appian application can be configured to send and receive files, folders, and metadata in a process.  Features support for zlib compression.

Key Features & Functionality

Smart Services included:

• SFTP:
    • Remove Directory Over SFTP (Basic Credentials)
    • Send File Over SFTP
    • Send File Over SFTP (Basic Credentials)
    • Receive File Over SFTP
    • Receive File Over SFTP (Basic Credentials)
    • Rename File Over SFTP
    • Get Remote Directory Contents Over SFTP
    • Get Remote Directory Contents Over SFTP (Basic Credentials)
    • Create Directory Over SFTP
    • Create Directory Over SFTP (Basic Credentials)
  • SCP:
    • Send File Over SCP
    • Receive File Over SCP
  • FTP:
    • Send File Over FTP
    • Receive File Over FTP
    • Receive Folder Over FTP
  • FTPS
    • Receive Folder Over FTPS
    • Send File Over FTPS (Basic Credentials)

All smart services in the package use Secure Credentials Store.

Anonymous
Parents
  • Couple of issues/questions. The plugin loaded is 3.0.2 and FT_Config data type is loaded.

When I do try to pass in FT_Config, using the examples shown in this thread,

='type!{plugins.ps.appiancorp.com/.../}FT_Config'(serverHostName: "myhost",serverPort: 22,scsExternalSystemKey: "externalsystemkey",usePerUserCredentials: false(),privateKeyFile: "my_key")

i get this error:

2024-01-25 23:50:08,829 [ajp-nio-0.0.0.0-8009-exec-6575] ERROR com.appiancorp.process.engine.ExpressionGroup - An error occurred while evaluating expression: ='type!{plugins.ps.appiancorp.com/.../}FT_Config'(serverHostName: "xx..xx.xx",serverPort: 22, scsExternalSystemKey: "externalsystemkey",usePerUserCredentials: false(),privateKeyFile: "my_key")

(Expression evaluation error at function 'type!{plugins.ps.appiancorp.com/.../}FT_Config' (invalid): Invalid function 'type!{plugins.ps.appiancorp.com/.../}FT_Config' due to invalid type)

Question, Why do we need both FT_Config passed in as input and create the third-party-credential. Looking at the doc, it does not explain how to setup the node input with the FT_Config shown in most of the comments on this thread. (thank you..).

In the doc, Receive file states we can use the only external system key, but if I try that, it' says it can't cast a literal to an object, so implies we need the FT_Config just like for the other methods.

Receive File:

File Transfer Configurations

Any Type Yes No The external system key as specified in the secure credentials store.

i get cast error if only using the key, stuck thank you.

Comment
  • Couple of issues/questions. The plugin loaded is 3.0.2 and FT_Config data type is loaded.

When I do try to pass in FT_Config, using the examples shown in this thread,

='type!{plugins.ps.appiancorp.com/.../}FT_Config'(serverHostName: "myhost",serverPort: 22,scsExternalSystemKey: "externalsystemkey",usePerUserCredentials: false(),privateKeyFile: "my_key")

i get this error:

2024-01-25 23:50:08,829 [ajp-nio-0.0.0.0-8009-exec-6575] ERROR com.appiancorp.process.engine.ExpressionGroup - An error occurred while evaluating expression: ='type!{plugins.ps.appiancorp.com/.../}FT_Config'(serverHostName: "xx..xx.xx",serverPort: 22, scsExternalSystemKey: "externalsystemkey",usePerUserCredentials: false(),privateKeyFile: "my_key")

(Expression evaluation error at function 'type!{plugins.ps.appiancorp.com/.../}FT_Config' (invalid): Invalid function 'type!{plugins.ps.appiancorp.com/.../}FT_Config' due to invalid type)

Question, Why do we need both FT_Config passed in as input and create the third-party-credential. Looking at the doc, it does not explain how to setup the node input with the FT_Config shown in most of the comments on this thread. (thank you..).

In the doc, Receive file states we can use the only external system key, but if I try that, it' says it can't cast a literal to an object, so implies we need the FT_Config just like for the other methods.

Receive File:

File Transfer Configurations

Any Type Yes No The external system key as specified in the secure credentials store.

i get cast error if only using the key, stuck thank you.

Children
No Data