SFTP Smart Services

Overview

Contains multiple Smart Services for interacting with a remote file server via SFTP, FTP, or SCP.  Using these services, an Appian application can be configured to send and receive files, folders, and metadata in a process.  Features support for zlib compression.

Key Features & Functionality

Smart Services included:

• SFTP:
    • Remove Directory Over SFTP (Basic Credentials)
    • Send File Over SFTP
    • Send File Over SFTP (Basic Credentials)
    • Receive File Over SFTP
    • Receive File Over SFTP (Basic Credentials)
    • Rename File Over SFTP
    • Get Remote Directory Contents Over SFTP
    • Get Remote Directory Contents Over SFTP (Basic Credentials)
    • Create Directory Over SFTP
    • Create Directory Over SFTP (Basic Credentials)
  • SCP:
    • Send File Over SCP
    • Receive File Over SCP
  • FTP:
    • Send File Over FTP
    • Receive File Over FTP
    • Receive Folder Over FTP
  • FTPS
    • Receive Folder Over FTPS
    • Send File Over FTPS (Basic Credentials)

All smart services in the package use Secure Credentials Store.

Anonymous
Parents
  • Hey, 

We are using the "SFTP Smart Services" (v3.0.2) - (SFTP) Send File [Smart Service] and I believe that I have set it up correctly, but unfortunately I am getting "Auth cancel" error message. 

I am not sure where the connection / authentication is failing as it's not obvious from the error log. Previously we were able to make a connection successfully using the old version of the plugin. (now the previous version of this plugin is also failing, so we are updating to the newer version) Also, there has been no change on our infrastructure end. 

I can also confirm that I am able to make the connection successfully using another "cross-platform FTP application" (FileZilla).

Below are the setup details for the (SFTP) Send File smart service which I am using:

Node's Data Inputs:

File Transfer Configurations: 'type!{plugins.ps.appiancorp.com/.../}FT_Config'(
    serverHostName: "xyz-abc.au",
    serverPort: 22,
    scsExternalSystemKey: "thirdparty-cred-sftp-key",
    usePerUserCredentials: false(),
    privateKeyFile: "private-key-doc"
    )

Remote File Path: "/home/xyzabc" | Type = Text

Document to Send: "testDoc" | Type = Document

NOTE: privateKeyFile parameter is a document.

Below is the error message on the system logs:

2023-08-31 00:36:51,263 [Appian Work Item - 7735 - WorkID 624 - execution02 - process 537169099 - model 27606 : UnattendedJavaActivityRequest] ERROR com.appiancorp.ps.plugins.filetransfer.sftp.SendFileOverSFTP - com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth cancel

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated!

Kind regards,
    Ankit

• Hi Ankit, I am facing similar issue...were you able to resolve this error? If yes then please let me know how, it would be of great help!

• Hi Tanisha,

I was getting the "Auth cancel" error cause our server (on which the file needs to be transferred to) was updated with new public/private key exchange algorithms and this plugin only supports the old exchange algorithms. So, we reverted back the changes which we did on the server to be able to use this plugin - which worked for me. 

Kind regards,
    Ankit

Comment
  • Hi Tanisha,

I was getting the "Auth cancel" error cause our server (on which the file needs to be transferred to) was updated with new public/private key exchange algorithms and this plugin only supports the old exchange algorithms. So, we reverted back the changes which we did on the server to be able to use this plugin - which worked for me. 

Kind regards,
    Ankit

Children
No Data