Zip Utility

Overview

Smart Services

• Create Zip File - Zips document from Appian. Also encrypts the zip file using a password.
  • Zip Extractor - Unzips the contents of a given Appian zip document into a destination Appian folder. The new documents will be returned in the extracted folder. The unzipping process will maintain the folder structure in Appian.
  • Zip Content Extractor Unzips the contents of a given Appian zip document into a destination Appian folder. The new documents will be returned in the extracted folder.

Key Features & Functionality

Create Zip File

Inputs

• Documents (Document) - The documents to be zipped
  • Save In Folder (Folder) - Folder to which the output zipped document will be saved
  • File Name (Text) - Name for the newly created zipped document
  • Password (Text) - Password of the zip file

Outputs

• Error Message (Text)
  • Error Occurred (Boolean)
  • Zip File Id (Document)

Zip Extractor / Zip Content Extractor

Inputs

• Zip Document (Document) - Zip file to be extracted
  • Extracted Folder (Folder) - Folder to which the output extracted document(s) will be saved
  • Password (Text) - Password of the zip file

Outputs

• Error Message (Text)
  • Error Occurred (Boolean)
  • Folder Id (Document)

Anonymous
Parents
  • I'm getting an unexpected error when attempting to use Zip Extractor to unzip a file with around 600 documents. About 350 documents into the unzip operation, the smart service errors out with the error message "Null Arguments are Invalid".  No further details.  Half the zip file's contents are sitting in the target directory, leaving the rest behind in the zip file.  This is a zip file that was created within the past few days from the parent folder it's now being unzipped back into (prior to being cleared out).  Any advice would be appreciated.

• Hi ,

Can you share the total size of the Zip file?

Regards,
    Vignesh E

• Unfortunately the exact zip file in question is a personnel file with personal info.  I'm not sure how i would go about setting up a similarly-sized file to reproduce the issue.  In any case I've sidestepped the issue for now by utilizing the other plug-in i mentioned.

• Hello ,

We have made several attempts to replicate the problem you encountered using various documents of different sizes. However, we were unable to observe the same issue. In order to assist you further, kindly send us the specific sample Zip file that is causing the problem to team.int.swatcustomdev@vuram.com. This will enable our team to identify and resolve the issue more effectively.

Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to resolving this matter for you.

Best regards,
    Vignesh E

Comment
  • Hello ,

We have made several attempts to replicate the problem you encountered using various documents of different sizes. However, we were unable to observe the same issue. In order to assist you further, kindly send us the specific sample Zip file that is causing the problem to team.int.swatcustomdev@vuram.com. This will enable our team to identify and resolve the issue more effectively.

Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to resolving this matter for you.

Best regards,
    Vignesh E

Children
  • Unfortunately the exact zip file in question is a personnel file with personal info.  I'm not sure how i would go about setting up a similarly-sized file to reproduce the issue.  In any case I've sidestepped the issue for now by utilizing the other plug-in i mentioned.