Issue: "Cannot login, You have reached maximum allowed number of concurrent sessions "

Hi,

We have a user complaining about login access issue, When tried reset password from Admin console it was saying - "Cannot login, user have reached maximum allowed number of concurrent sessions".  And when user tried himself by clicking Forgot Your Password link and when open the reset link it shows - "Error: 401".

Is there anyway to kill the user's specific unused sessions apart from raising ticket to Appian Support Team?

Note: Tried closing browsers/ restart system and Clearing cache does not work.

Thanks,

Sumanth

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi as per my understanding, disabling an user's profile will not be the correct approach. Let's assume we are allowed to have 1000 active sessions, but if my all users are being used somewhere in application then disabling the user account may cause some issues.

Appian itself manages the session management, where an admin can configure the session timeout duration, let's say currently it's set to 30 minutes so we can reduce it to 5 to 10 minutes, which makes sure to invalidate an user's session if he is inactive during specified duration.

If you find that this is also not gonna help you, then you must have to contact Appian to upgrade the number of active session for your appian environment.

Hope this will help
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi as per my understanding, disabling an user's profile will not be the correct approach. Let's assume we are allowed to have 1000 active sessions, but if my all users are being used somewhere in application then disabling the user account may cause some issues.

Appian itself manages the session management, where an admin can configure the session timeout duration, let's say currently it's set to 30 minutes so we can reduce it to 5 to 10 minutes, which makes sure to invalidate an user's session if he is inactive during specified duration.

If you find that this is also not gonna help you, then you must have to contact Appian to upgrade the number of active session for your appian environment.

Hope this will help
Children