Unzipping a zip file

Certified Senior Developer

Hey Guys,

I have requirement to get the zip file from UI and unzip and then process further, Here we tried using two different plugins,

• Extract Zip --- this plugin doesn't work as expected, some of the subfolder in our zip doesn't unzipped.
  • ZIP Content Extractor -- This works as expected but it's taking much time to extract (eg: - for a 5 MB file, approximately it took more than 5 minutes)

is there any possible option to extract Zip file which will be uploaded from Interface?

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi - I've had exactly the same experience - the first plug-in seems to just stop processing the zip file after either a pre-defined time or a pre-defined size but either way fails to complete the unzip process correctly.

I resorted to using the second plug-in and also have had the same experience - taking a very long time to unzip a package. Taking a long time isn't a problem in its own right, but if there is a need to provide the correct User Experience you'll have to provide something that communicates to the User that the unzip is "In Progress" and a method to refresh the interface periodically so that when the unzip is complete the User is made aware.

• Hi - I've had exactly the same experience - the first plug-in seems to just stop processing the zip file after either a pre-defined time or a pre-defined size but either way fails to complete the unzip process correctly.

I resorted to using the second plug-in and also have had the same experience - taking a very long time to unzip a package. Taking a long time isn't a problem in its own right, but if there is a need to provide the correct User Experience you'll have to provide something that communicates to the User that the unzip is "In Progress" and a method to refresh the interface periodically so that when the unzip is complete the User is made aware.

Children