Unzipping a zip file

Certified Senior Developer

Hey Guys,

I have requirement to get the zip file from UI and unzip and then process further, Here we tried using two different plugins,

• Extract Zip --- this plugin doesn't work as expected, some of the subfolder in our zip doesn't unzipped.
  • ZIP Content Extractor -- This works as expected but it's taking much time to extract (eg: - for a 5 MB file, approximately it took more than 5 minutes)

is there any possible option to extract Zip file which will be uploaded from Interface?

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi - I've had exactly the same experience - the first plug-in seems to just stop processing the zip file after either a pre-defined time or a pre-defined size but either way fails to complete the unzip process correctly.

I resorted to using the second plug-in and also have had the same experience - taking a very long time to unzip a package. Taking a long time isn't a problem in its own right, but if there is a need to provide the correct User Experience you'll have to provide something that communicates to the User that the unzip is "In Progress" and a method to refresh the interface periodically so that when the unzip is complete the User is made aware.

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Stewart Burchell

yes, now we have the same design where user will have to refresh in interface to check whether unzip has completed or not.

Another ques ---  If we upload a zip file into any folder using Appian designer, it's auto-extracting properly (performance also not that bad), by any chance, can we do the same from interface?

Reply Children