Deactivating users in Appian

Certified Senior Developer

What will happen to the objects that are last modified by a user whose account is going to be deactivated soon?
What are the precautionary steps that need to be taken while deactivating a user in appian? What about process models which are configured to run as whoever designed the process model??

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Certified Lead Developer

In general, I do not recommend to deactivate users. The reason is that ANY process that runs in that user context will fail. This includes active instances started by that user, but also the configurations you mentioned.

Why do you want to deactivate users?

• In my scenario, basic users that contribute and leave an audit trail entry in our tables cannot be deactivated without a subsequent error message. To mitigate these users from being able to be chosen for tasks ever again we can only mark them as "DO NOT SELECT" in their surname. This is crude, effective, but an ugly user experience (especially as they still appear in group dropdowns. Are there any best practices for 'hiding' these users, whilst maintaining a record of their contributions?

• In my scenario, basic users that contribute and leave an audit trail entry in our tables cannot be deactivated without a subsequent error message. To mitigate these users from being able to be chosen for tasks ever again we can only mark them as "DO NOT SELECT" in their surname. This is crude, effective, but an ugly user experience (especially as they still appear in group dropdowns. Are there any best practices for 'hiding' these users, whilst maintaining a record of their contributions?

Children