Unable to Insert smileys in database using Write to multiple data store entities

Hello,

I have a requirement to store smileys in Database(SQL server). A user enters a value in a paragraph field and insert some smileys along with text, It is a free text field.

When I tried to store the user entered value in Database using "Write to data store entity" smart service then it get stored successfully in DB but when I tried to store the same value into the same table using "Write to multiple Data Store entities" smart service then I am getting below error:

XML handling failure trying to convert value EntityData [entity=DataStoreEntityRef[id=02377f7c-84c4-4948-9170-470ec382075e@22976, uuid=null], data=[TypedValue[it=3921,v={7,via Multiple data store }]]] to Appian type EntityData (id=2134).

I can store values in DB using "Write to data store entity" Smart service but I want to know why the same case can't be handled with "Write to multiple Data Store entities".

Suggestion much appreciated!!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Prateek,
    I am able to store smileys with write to multiple data store.
    Is there any possibility that error you are getting is not due to smiley? Most of the time we don't get proper alert message in "write to multiple data store".For testing, can you segregate all the DB call using "write to data store". It may happen that error you are getting is due to some other entity and record and not due to smiley. Please check and let us know.
  • Hi umesh

Thanks for suggestion but I have tested this case for single entity only. As I mentioned that I got this error while trying to enter same data in same table using multiple data store entities(contains single entity only, as it is for testing purpose).

Just for confirmation, smileys which you are able to store in DB are of what type

1.  :) (This what we can type in from keyboard).

2.  Proper smiley which we generally use in chat apps (I am not able to attach it here).

Because if it is first case then there is no problem in either case. But in second case(proper smiley face) multiple data store is not able to convert it into proper Xml as what I figured out from alert.

• Hi Prateek,

Its working for me in oracle DB. please check attached images.

May be its an issue with SQL Server Db to interpret emoji character. below link might be useful for you.

Below is the image of grid showing emoji.

Below is the image of DB table with emoji's

Hi, We just encountered an error where a user entered an emoji into a form's text description, which then failed to save in the MySQL database. Apparently this is due to the collation that is set on…
    By in Discussions > Data and Records
    11 replies

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to PRATEEK BHATTI
    Are you having issues with any other unicode characters, or just smileys?
  • Hi Umesh,

I don't know why it is working in your case.

I have created a POC for this and tested it using both "Write to data store entity" & "Write to Multiple Data store entity" and it caused error for the later case.

I am attaching the screenshots of the issue in below attachment , If possible could you please check this and let me know if I am doing something wrong here:

Write to Multiple Data store entity issue.docx

Reply Children