We are just starting to work with the Tempo interface and I was looking for some

We are just starting to work with the Tempo interface and I was looking for some guidance on how to create filters for the main Records tab - I have no trouble creating them for an individual record list view but am trying to figure out how make the main Records tab more manageable by adding some filter options to the left column pane.

OriginalPostID-144360

OriginalPostID-144360

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• @rrobins Unfortunately there is no way of doing so in Appian as of now.
  • That will likely prove to be an issue for us as we will be moving 30+ applications from Portal to Tempo and some of the more complex applications will require multiple records. How do others manage this so the end user doesn't get lost?
  • Bob - A couple of points that hopefully may help

(1) Users will only see the record listings they have access to
    (2) You can utilize reports to facilitate search, aggregating, drill down, and then direct linking to a record entry
    (3) You can create higher level records that then drill down into more details and "lower level" details

The key is to have a vision and plan for making this a platform solution. Think about how data, process and people are related (regardless of app). Then think about how they will look for info. This will start to frame how you design the UI.

Hope that helps to get you started!
  • The user's access to Records will certainly help limit what they have to sort through but I think a god subset of the will still have quite a few record types to look at.
    At the moment the Forum is the only example I have to look at - I see that there is a apparently a way of setting up filters on the Actions tab so I had hoped for something similar on the Records tab. Does the Reports tab have a filtering option, like the Actions tab.
  • Reports tab does not but you can create it. For example, create HR Reports, Finance reports, etc as report pages / links. Once clicked then give a listing of reports in that category. On click of the desired report display.
  • Are there any plans to create filters for Records and Reports, as we have for actions? In our environment we have 35 applications with 36,000 users and 700 unique portal reports - filtering would be a huge bonus for us. We will definitely have permission hassles as, say, all users should see the "Finance reports" category but we will need at least 2 levels under that each with different permission sets based on which subset of the finance group is allowed to access which application/reports. Admins for each will need separate link/viewer permissions as well.