Text input disappears when clicking elsewhere

Hello,

I created a Interface with a wizard including some text boxes, drop downs and radio buttons on the first page and 4 text boxes on the second page of the wizard. 

When the interface is opened as a standalone tab in chrome, on the first page everything works fine. Including all expressions.

On the second page when I type something in one of the text boxes and click on something else the text disappears. When I do this on the interface in the designer everything works the way it should.

Any solutions?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to sjoerds0001
    The reason I asked to see your task configuration, and what was getting at too probably, was the fact that if a rule input is not mapped to an ACP variable in the user input task, the value entered on-form will be lost after the field is unfocused - this of course won't happen when viewing the form in interface designer. By starting over, I expect you have inadvertently fixed this issue. But it would help for you to understand what exactly is going on as that's the only real way to prevent future issues.

If you want to reproduce what i'm talking about, to understand better -- temporarily add a new text RI and accompanying text field on your SAIL form, but don't update the user input task node in the process model. Then when you run that task again, you'll see the new field but you will find any value entered will disappear -- I believe the same way as what you were experiencing before.
  • Aaahhh now I get it. That must be it indeed. Thanks!
    Certified Associate Developer
    Hi, One reason behind this issue would be the "saveInto" parameter. You have to retain the value and for doing this you have to use your data store variable. For example lets say your variable is ri!name for storing the name variable and local!dataSubSet is used to hold the records returned from table. Then, you have to use the expression like saveInto:{ri!name,local!dataSubSet.data.name}. It will work fine