Is Appian Developer a Good Job?

Is pursuing a career as an Appian developer a wise choice?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

It perhaps depends where you coming from:

non IT: the first question should be, should I

a) becoming a developer in general
    This you need to answer yourself independently, in my mind. 

with the decision made or dev background with e.g. high or language like C#,python, java etc or another platform
    b) if you want to become an appian developer

I really really just like appian. This platform has a high quality and you can do a lot of things with it. I cannot imagine having the same fun as ....java dev?
    The barrier to entry, to become a developer is lower in my mind as the learning curve is pretty nice.  But you need to be curious as a lot of things are changing. People who did the last time something with appian in 2017, need to invest quite some time to come back in track as a lot have changed.

The market is currently pretty clear. More demand then available resources

Recommendation: get a community edition environment, do some courses and see if you enjoy learning it. That fun is necessary to pull through hard times like a stressful project or being stuck in a learning lesson.

Certified Senior Developer

It perhaps depends where you coming from:

non IT: the first question should be, should I

a) becoming a developer in general
    This you need to answer yourself independently, in my mind. 

with the decision made or dev background with e.g. high or language like C#,python, java etc or another platform
    b) if you want to become an appian developer

I really really just like appian. This platform has a high quality and you can do a lot of things with it. I cannot imagine having the same fun as ....java dev?
    The barrier to entry, to become a developer is lower in my mind as the learning curve is pretty nice.  But you need to be curious as a lot of things are changing. People who did the last time something with appian in 2017, need to invest quite some time to come back in track as a lot have changed.

The market is currently pretty clear. More demand then available resources

Recommendation: get a community edition environment, do some courses and see if you enjoy learning it. That fun is necessary to pull through hard times like a stressful project or being stuck in a learning lesson.

Children
No Data