Integration with Office 365 share point portal

Hi, is it possible to Integrate Appian with O365 Sharepoint. I know it is possible to integrate with one drive and share point. Is the procedure for integration with O365 share point the same as it is with normal sharepoint?

OriginalPostID-264299

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• @shanmugapriyab, I guess it is not possible. I had tried to integrate it but got the following error:
    2014-08-13 15:56:36,158 [[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '10' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] ERROR com.appian.integration.sharepoint.function.SharepointIntegrationUploadFile - ConnectorRuntimeException [title=FORBIDDEN, com.appian.integration.exception.ConnectorRuntimeException: HTTP/1.1 403 FORBIDDEN , {"error":{"code":"-2130575251, System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException","message":{"lang":"en-US","value":"The security validation for this page is invalid. Click Back in your Web browser, refresh the page, and try your operation again."}}}]
    ConnectorRuntimeException [title=FORBIDDEN, com.appian.integration.exception.ConnectorRuntimeException: HTTP/1.1 403 FORBIDDEN , {"error":{"code":"-2130575251, System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException","message":{"lang":"en-US","value":"The security validation for this page is invalid. Click Back in your Web browser, refresh the page, and try your operation again."}}}]
    at com.appian.integration.sharepoint.SharepointIntegrationHandler.uploadFileHandle(SharepointIntegrationHandler.java:458)
    & this environment is hosted on Microsoft's Cloud offering, they don't make allow to make changes in the security configuration
  • We've succesfully integrated Appian with sharepoint online. My understanding is the out of the box support for sharepoint does not work with sharepoint online due to the lack of support for SharepointOnline token security. We could undertake the authentication operations using RESST web service calls - but needed to get a plug-in developed to handle the file upload - I don't think the out of the box HTTP file upload works for sharepoint either due to sharepoint online's requirement to post the file binary in the body of the remote call
  • Hi Jarrod. Thanks for your response. Yeah we have also have come up with a java plugin for the same but we have the plugin itself take care of the Authentication and web api call as we were facing issues while retrieving the cookies. The URL _forms/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0 was getting automatically getting redirected which we were not able to handle in Appian So we have moved the entire logic to java plugin. If possible can you kindly share you sample code so that we can cross check if we are missing anything at our end. Thanks
  • Hi Jarrod, is it possible to share your plug in on github so that people like me could get help integrating with SharePoint online? Hope, you could publish for community use.
  • Hi guys,

Did you succeed to integrate (creating folder, creating documents) with SharePoint Online?

Best