Download data Store Entity into Excel

Certified Senior Developer

Hi,

I am trying to download the Data Store Entity in to excel.

If I don't give any selection and filter criteria only 5k records are downloading & if I give selection & filter criteria only 1k records are downloading, but I expect more records to be download.

Is there any limitation from Appian to download the records from data store entity, If yes, then how much records?

Thanks,

Kiran

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

As far as I know, this function's speciality is that it can export data sets that are quite large, since it has internal functionality to automatically handle paging over large data sets, etc.

Your question is hard for anyone on this end to answer, though, because you mention that your non-filtered export document contains 5,000 rows, but... what's the total size of that table?  As far as any of us know, your table might only have 5000 rows to export when unfiltered.  What do you get for the TotalCount if you run a!queryEntity on that DSE?  How about if you run it with the same filters that are currently giving you 1000 rows?

in reply to Mike Schmitt

Hi Mike,

Sorry for confusion.

My DB has approximate 1M records And there are 5 different services for these records & below is the count for each service

150,001 - service1 

150,000-service2

200000-service3

350000-service4

150004-service5

I want to download the file based on service. It's working but only 1k records are coming

Also Database has composite key, so how can I publish this data store?

Currently, I am duplicating my CDT from Database and removing the srvc_nm as primary key and publishing data store.

Is it possible to publish a Data store with composite key?

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Kirang

What exactly are you referring to here when you say "service"?  There's no such term, at least one that i'm very familiar with, in the pipeline of DB table -> data store -> data store entity.

As usual my main suggestion is just to start with something simple - get a single table exporting, then work from there.

in reply to Mike Schmitt

Hi Mike,

Thanks for helping. 

Yes this function can export large data sets and I am able to do that successfully.

can you help me with:Appian Community